• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

advice needed for building my ecommerce shop

Go with wp+woo,
tones of plugins available here at babiato.
for website performance n speed n security use bitnami wordpress stack on aws.
for 1st year it ll be free n does not disappoint .
im having wp+woo+gravity form (n there extention) total 42 plugins:rolleyes: but runs smoothly.
for performance n speed don't use any caching plugin just use parfmatter plugin it ill help.

i m totally ignorent about bitnami wordpress stack on aws. can u elaborate a bit more?

Here you ill find all basic details https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/get-started-wordpress-aws-marketplace-beginner/

the reason im suggesting bitnami is there is no need of c panel or plesk so itll save some server resource.
if you are going with aws for dns setup use cloud flair.(Don't activate caching or compression in cloudflair it increases response time )
ssl provided in bitnami stack free of cost just need run few command.
for that use putty. n for file transfer n edit use win cc in windows for mac use filezilla or any thing you like

just try you ill gonna love it
personally i haven't purchased a single server since last 2 n half year using aws free tier :p;).
Enjoy

Here you ill find all basic details https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/get-started-wordpress-aws-marketplace-beginner/

the reason im suggesting bitnami is there is no need of c panel or plesk so itll save some server resource.
if you are going with aws for dns setup use cloud flair.(Don't activate caching or compression in cloudflair it increases response time )
ssl provided in bitnami stack free of cost just need run few command.
for that use putty. n for file transfer n edit use win cc in windows for mac use filezilla or any thing you like

just try you ill gonna love it
personally i haven't purchased a single server since last 2 n half year using aws free tier :p;).
Enjoy
Hi can you inform how you are using aws free tier for 2 years I see the free tier is only valid till 12 months.
https://aws.amazon.com/free/
Do you just create a new account after 12 months everytime ? :D

Hi can you inform how you are using aws free tier for 2 years I see the free tier is only valid till 12 months.
https://aws.amazon.com/free/
Do you just create a new account after 12 months everytime ? :D

Same as you said. But now aws has disabled free tier for bitnami wordpress stack so now I'm using litespeed wordpress stack available in EC2 launcher. Which is more faster an lite.

I will suggest nop commerce. I had tried woocommerce. woocommerce really sucks. It is super slow and Wordpress is not ideal for large e-commerce.

try nop commerce. It is opensource also.

Reactions: vijay1
I'm
This one : https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B07KSC2QQN
Can you share how you create new accounts, I created 1 but it took lot of time in activation & approval to activate aws free tier.
I'm from india.
1) create payzapp account and verify your details like pan card or driving licence,
Next add 5 ₹ in wallet which will create a virtual debit card(Visa/master card).
2) go to aws click on create account.
Choose personal account. Fill details I suggest original address if not yours still ok. ( fake addresses does not activate ).
Then verify billing details (use we created in 1st step). Verify mobile number. And done.
3) aws will ask for your role select any doesn't matter. Then click on sign in.

Remember EC2 panel launching may take 24 hours.(happened 1 time when payment/mobile verification took more than 2 tries)

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoinc
For anyone who says that Woocommerce is a slow plugin or will become slow over time, it is not true. Two years ago, I created a store for a customer with 32 plugins (yes, it's a considerably high number) and several changes inserted as snippets, plus Woocommerce. Currently, this store continues to be fast both in loading the theme and in administration, without cache plugins for example. Wordpress together with Woocommerce is possibly the most customizable option (among the easiest options) you will find today and the site will only be slow if you start installing, testing and removing many plugins (if necessary, create a test site specific to this task), or not configure everything up correctly. In addition, there are plugins and themes that prevent this type of problem. Everything depends on good research to organize your Wordpress and keep it safe and clean, you also need to be realistic, try to avoid shared servers, use at least one good vps server to run your store, there are good vps services with prices fair today.

Reactions: Quphorum
As a Former Prestashop user,I was converted to Wordpress + Woo Reasons:

Presta
1.Integrations Lack in Prestashop and No Free Plugins - Just look at Zapier and try and build a Prestashop App for Free.
2.Updates in Prestashop is Scary and Nerve wracking,especially with themes.
3.Prestahop is Expensive and You get the feeling they just want to make money.
4.Not For Shared Hosting and not necessarily fast.
5.Losing Marketshare against Woo and Magento and Woo is gaining over Magento.

Woo
1.Plenty of Plugins - Free and Premium
2.Woo can be built successfully over Shared Hosting
3.Babiato.org-Everything You need.Test Premium Plugins and Buy Premium.We need Developers to Make Money otherwise no developers or Babiato.org
4.Child Themes and Functions Php snippets makes everything light and scalable.
5.There is toooo many benefits to mention.
6.Marketshare
7.Find everything You Need on Google Search If You have a problem or need guidance or search on Babiato.org
8.Auto Updates
9.Cant Chat any longer now ...My woo clients have sales and need support....Have to go Now!

For anyone who says that Woocommerce is a slow plugin or will become slow over time, it is not true. Two years ago, I created a store for a customer with 32 plugins (yes, it's a considerably high number) and several changes inserted as snippets, plus Woocommerce. Currently, this store continues to be fast both in loading the theme and in administration, without cache plugins for example. Wordpress together with Woocommerce is possibly the most customizable option (among the easiest options) you will find today and the site will only be slow if you start installing, testing and removing many plugins (if necessary, create a test site specific to this task), or not configure everything up correctly. In addition, there are plugins and themes that prevent this type of problem. Everything depends on good research to organize your Wordpress and keep it safe and clean, you also need to be realistic, try to avoid shared servers, use at least one good vps server to run your store, there are good vps services with prices fair today.
Very True and 80%+ on Gt Metrix with very litte work in terms of Optimization!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosamelano
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock