• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Best Affiliate Blog WordPress Theme & Plugins

RogerM

Mar 3, 2020
Maracaibo, Venezuela
Hi there fellas, I am about to launch an affiliate blog on WordPress (duh, right?). And I would like a little help choosing the right theme and plugins for it.

I know in regards to themes most of you will say it isn´t important, just pick one and go with it. But, I would really like to put more thoughts into it. Especially, since I am using a shared hosting service. So, I would need a really fast loading theme.

Also, I would like to avoid any page builders because, as I understand, they slow sites down quite a bit. But, if I have to, I would be using Elementor since I am quite more familiar with it than with any other page builder.

Preferably, I would like to pick a theme that has a decent selection of pre-made sites I can choose from so it won´t require too much customization on my part.

So, I am all hears here...What is your favorite theme for this?

How About Plugins?

This is where I believe it will get interesting and see many debating.

What are your go-to plugins when launching an affiliate blog site?

I want to dive deep into blog post layout and not quite familiar what would be the best way to accomplish this. In regards to, is it better to add these elements through Elementor? Or, through Gutemberg?

I would like the designs to look clean and professional.

Let´s see what you got?

Hi!!

In terms of selecting plugins and themes, no one can give you your taste.

There are more to themes than just selecting or choosing in between a list of options.

Plugins offer more functional potentials out of the box and there are also more to plugins than choosing in between a functionality or another.

To pick a theme, it must rhyme with exactly what you want to do or sell. For instance, a theme optimized or created for selling affiliate e-books might not give you the same features as that for selling physical products.

I'd recommend you take your time to list out the kind of features you need in your website before searching for plugins to work with.

As for the design, any top selling multi purpose theme on themeforest is enough (The7, Avada, Be Theme, Uncode, Flatsome, Kallyas, Kalium, Impreza, Porto, Phlox Pro, X -The theme or Martfury. Nothing else is required here.

And finally, Elementor is the best fit for any website that wants to deliver a dynamic and professional content base.

Elementor and Guttenberg would make your website look even better than you expect.

Don't let anyone tell you a different story, you need to get it started yourself by researching, checking out demos, sketching out layouts and etc.

Cheers to your upcoming project! 🥳🥳🥳

In terms of selecting plugins and themes, no one can give you your taste.
Agree, perhaps I should´ve stated what I´m looking for by posting a couple of sites layouts.
To pick a theme, it must rhyme with exactly what you want to do or sell. For instance, a theme optimized or created for selling affiliate e-books might not give you the same features as that for selling physical products..
I won´t be selling either. I don´t know if I will use Amazon Associates to partially monetize my site but imagine it´s an Amazon Affiliate Site.
I'd recommend you take your time to list out the kind of features you need in your website before searching for plugins to work with..
I don´t ask for much, as you stated, I can pretty much add any functionality I want through Elementor + Elementor Pro + Any premium addon out there.

So, basically, I am looking for a very light-weight and customizable theme that just happen to be highly compatible with Elementor.

This is my top priority.

Why?

As mentioned above, I am on a shared hosting account over NameCheap and if I will be working on Elementor to customize the site, I need the theme to be very lightweight and fast loading to compensate these 2 variables that, in theory, doesn´t help when it comes improving my site loading speed time.
As for the design, any top selling multi purpose theme on themeforest is enough (The7, Avada, Be Theme, Uncode, Flatsome, Kallyas, Kalium, Impreza, Porto, Phlox Pro, X -The theme or Martfury. Nothing else is required here..
I´ve tested a few of those, and once I upload any demo content in them it makes them very very slow.

I´ve heard many great things about ReHub for an affiliate site but never tested it myself.

Going back to them, love the fact several of them are fully compatible with Elementor. Even The Phlox Pro is compatible with both Gutemberg and Elementor and their demo sites look great! But even loading the demo sites it takes a lot to load!

I had a bad Experience with Avada but looking at it now it just incredible! And loaded a couple of their demo sites and they look amazing and they loaded fast.

In terms of designs, I want a design to be clean and simple. Not quite sure what I want but I really don´t like to magazine layout.

I really like this layout...

And finally, Elementor is the best fit for any website that wants to deliver a dynamic and professional content base..
I agree
Elementor and Guttenberg would make your website look even better than you expect.
100% Agree
Don't let anyone tell you a different story, you need to get it started yourself by researching, checking out demos, sketching out layouts and etc..
Will do!
Cheers to your upcoming project! 🥳🥳🥳
Thanks!

Reactions: tradesman
once I upload any demo content in them it makes them very very slow.

Then you build from scratch or create a subdomain and import the demo there then build your website from the layout from the demo. I wonder what company you host with because I don't experience slow websites when I import demos.

after creating your website, you can always improve the load speed by deleting demo data and with further optimization.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock