• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Best Wordpress theme for forum purposes?

Venomous

Nov 6, 2019
Hey I want to design a forum for my website, but I cannot decide which theme to use? So please tell me any theme which is best for forum design?

If I were you I never use wordpress for forum purpose if you'd like to create big audience. I've started establish forum in 2008 with SMF (Simple Machine Forum) and in meanwhile Vbulletin was trending and I've changed to Vbulletin but for now there have good system such as Xenforo

If I were you I never use wordpress for forum purpose if you'd like to create big audience. I've started establish forum in 2008 with SMF (Simple Machine Forum) and in meanwhile Vbulletin was trending and I've changed to Vbulletin but for now there have good system such as Xenforo
Thank you for jumping into the conversation. You may have saved me the trouble of posting. I had wanted to create a post about which forum software to go with and maybe also create a poll for voting.

If I understand you correctly, you have moved to Vbulletin (perhaps because it's better than SMF), and Vbulletin has a good system like Xenforo. Is that correct?

So which would you say is better, Vbulletin or Xenforo (which Babiato is based on)?

Also, which is easier to build or set up between V and X?

Do you have any thoughts on phpBB?

My worry was not being able to find the software, and when I do find one, not having regular updates until I am able to buy the original.

I'm looking forward to your response. :)

Thank you for jumping into the conversation. You may have saved me the trouble of posting.
I'm glad to hear that :)
If I understand you correctly, you have moved to Vbulletin (perhaps because it's better than SMF), and Vbulletin has a good system like Xenforo. Is that correct?
Yes, SMF is open source such as phpBB so FREE and you need to handle a lot of things rather than Vbulletin or Xenforo. Vbulletin was really strong with SEO but I think Xenforo as good as Vbulletin and very fast rather than Vbulletin (my opinion)

So which would you say is better, Vbulletin or Xenforo (which Babiato is based on)?
Babiato using Xenforo and I believe that maintanencing Vbulletin is really really hard.
Also, which is easier to build or set up between V and X?

For setup, modifications and maintanence Xenforo is the best by far rather than others.

Do you have any thoughts on phpBB?
Yes, it's my very old mate :) Old is good but not for digital earth :) So I'd preffer to newest system if I were you

Let's summarize totally with one example: I was thought to install a forum for very niche topic and I was using to Xenforo :)

Thank you for your responses. It's very helpful and encouraging.

So, in conclusion, based on your responses, is it safe to say that Xenforo is your top forum software recommendation? If yes, then Xenforo it is!

The next step for me is to find out how to install it. I found one, but that's for VPS. Can Xenforo work with shared hosting? Will shared hosting support a 40,000-member membership site? What do you think?

Also, there's an entire section dedicated to Xenforo which makes me confident that I will find extra help aside from you.;)

Thank you for your responses. It's very helpful and encouraging.

So, in conclusion, based on your responses, is it safe to say that Xenforo is your top forum software recommendation? If yes, then Xenforo it is!

The next step for me is to find out how to install it. I found one, but that's for VPS. Can Xenforo work with shared hosting? Will shared hosting support a 40,000-member membership site? What do you think?

Also, there's an entire section dedicated to Xenforo which makes me confident that I will find extra help aside from you.;)
I totally aggree with the resource of Xenforo because babiato has a lot of modules.
And I personally advise to install on VPS because you will migrate VPS from sharing hosting in the end. You can install shared hosting too if the environment is good but you might have face issue by time of progress :) Good luck with it :)

Reactions: WhiteFluffyPuppy
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock