• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Cpanel emails export to Office365 = any tools, best method?

KomissarMinsky

Nov 13, 2018
Hi all.

Client with current Cpanel based email system, basic.
Has now got some Office365 licences and would like to export all his emails From cpanel to the Office365 system.

I've been looking around and all I can find are BS spammy sites with odd exported or backup tools.

Is there any good tool that I can get that works for this, or perhaps there's a method someone knows of that I can setup - or perhaps someone is offering a service to do this.
Please do get in touch with me soonest to accomplish this.

Thank You!

Use the migration tool MS Office 365 has. You should find it somewhere in your admin dashboard. It'll use SMTP port and logins to import all the emails:

Refer to this:
LINK

It's quite easy and convenient. I did it couple months ago.

EDIT:
Here's the link to access the migration tool:
https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com/#/migrationbatch

• Click to add migration job
  • Put a name
  • Migration type is IMAP
  • Ensure your users are created in O365
  • Fill in everything else
  • Sit back and let it complete. You'll get a report at the end.

Last edited:
Hi all
@Saint Gabriel tks for the offer, might be back to you.

@the_jester thats Exactly what I am in the process of doing.
I started it y'day and while the report tells me its in process = you think it should take this long? Screenshot attached

Attachments

• Screenshot of migration - Microsoft Exchange.jpg
    Screenshot of migration - Microsoft Exchange.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 15
Hi all
@Saint Gabriel tks for the offer, might be back to you.

@the_jester thats Exactly what I am in the process of doing.
I started it y'day and while the report tells me its in process = you think it should take this long? Screenshot attached
Is it not completed? Synced means it's done. Speed is dependent on existing host and mailbox size but it's usually quite fast.

Migration > Batch, select the migration batch and then in the details pane, under Migration details, click View details. - Go here and check the details regarding this batch job.

More information about the status codes and meanings can be found HERE

Seems there's an error of sorts, and TBH I have no clue how to fix or even approach fixcing it.
Damn.

Please do let me know your thoughts, @the_jester

vid here =

Seems there's an error of sorts, and TBH I have no clue how to fix or even approach fixcing it.
Damn.

Please do let me know your thoughts, @the_jester

vid here =
Ah, I've never seen such an error before. I would say import your mailboxes 1 at a time to rule out any specific mailbox being a problem.

PS: The new Exchange Admin Center dashboard is more user friendly. You might wanna try that out to see if the errors are more descriptive. The error in your video looks 'incomplete' 🤔

Got you, @the_jester
I'll do just that = seems batchs aren't all that awesome lols.

Perhaps you could guide me to where in exchange I can go to import mailbox by mailbox?

Got you, @the_jester
I'll do just that = seems batchs aren't all that awesome lols.

Perhaps you could guide me to where in exchange I can go to import mailbox by mailbox?

This link will take you directly to the tool then simply fill in the details for mailbox 1 and let it run. Then repeat the process for the others.

Normally, this wouldn't make a difference because even if you migrated 5 at once, the troublesome mailbox will show an error specific to that mailbox but in your case, you are getting a vague error that doesn't really tell much so this way here should help isolate the problem (if any).

NOTE: Ensure that your users are created on MS Office 365 & are assigned licenses. You will not be able to import mailboxes for a user if they have no licenses created. Also ensure that your source and destination mailboxes exist.

Hi.

yes, users are created and setup.

Howeveer, when i went to add that single batch for 1 mailbox the system didnt ask me to add server info from the current email server, it just uploaded the doc and ran with it.
Does that sound normal to you?

Attachments

• Screenshot of Exchange admin center.jpg
    Screenshot of Exchange admin center.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi.

yes, users are created and setup.

Howeveer, when i went to add that single batch for 1 mailbox the system didnt ask me to add server info from the current email server, it just uploaded the doc and ran with it.
Does that sound normal to you?
Your stuff says "Synced" and data consistency is 100%. Are the emails not imported into the mailboxes? Have you manually logged into the mailboxes on Outlook to check if all the emails are there?

If you click on 'emails file' you'll see a lot more detail too and the progress. From this SS it looks like it completed already.

Hi all.

@the_jester
FYI = all went perfectly fine with the transfer; issue was that the client who of Course told me he'd set domain correctly in Office365, had not. Once I completed that correctly, all emails etc. worked perfectly fine with no issues.

Thank You, again, for the help and direction. Much Appreciated.

Hi all.

@the_jester
FYI = all went perfectly fine with the transfer; issue was that the client who of Course told me he'd set domain correctly in Office365, had not. Once I completed that correctly, all emails etc. worked perfectly fine with no issues.

Thank You, again, for the help and direction. Much Appreciated.
Glad you figured out the issue and got it sorted. Sometimes these small issues cause the most frustration :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock