• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Difference between locking thread , but still allowing to create another

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberDeviL

Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Aug 10, 2018
Earth
babiato.org
Well, recently I was asked by an active member the difference between this and that, I can remember I was asked earlier the same by another user. Locking a running thread can be troublesome for some, allowing creating another thread on the same creates certain conflicts like "then why not the previous one instead of the new?"

While allowance of creating New Threads depends on your remaining chances/reputation or contribution to the community / existing warning point before getting banned, thought to clarify it further.

Regarding the "Difference between locking thread, but still allowing to create another" :

Many sellers create a selling thread, they get lots of responses/feedbacks/queries, etc and thus their thread becomes quite big which makes them happy . . Will a seller ever want to get such thread locked ?? Certainly "No" I guess.

Now, the seller make mistake like "different title than what is being sold actually". The thread got reported just like any other faulty thread (there's no hatred by the reporter, they report whenever there's a mistake whoever it is, even if I make mistake, will not you guys report it ?? You guys can . . So after the report a moderator (like me) checks & decides the truthfulness of the report . . That's why I state something like "If I find a mistake, I will lock it", as I may not have time to check everything that time, I later check it fully and if I find a mistake - I locked it and warn the thread owner . . .

Now, locking such thread decreases/ends the probability of such mistakes causes by the seller again. It even warns indirectly other sellers/thread owner not to do such mistakes in the future as they find other threads getting locked with a warning. So the message being delivered to other members or sellers at the same time not to do such mistakes.

Consider it's same as in educational institutes. "One student fails in exams = so he loses one year = it also punishes and makes the student realize his faults + it also warns other students to maintain their study properly, else they will fail as well or even they will be detained / Banned (here) if such mistakes are repeated multiple times". "If such "Fail/locking & warning" doesn't exist in such cases, how it would be ?? Everyone will do whatever they wish, as they are assured that there will be no penalty/loss/banning for any mistakes . . .

Decisions are here all impartial (no partiality), no sympathy (member is helpful to me / helped me financially / reports thread / no personal ego, etc. I treat everyone equally as a forum staff. Now coming to "as a normal guy/member" some people know how shameless talkative I am :p :LOL:

Hope it's now clear to everyone "Difference between locking thread, but still allowing to create another" :coffee::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biiah_paixao
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock