• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Guys can i make a dropshipping business without spending money ( i am comfortable with wordpress and external css, javascript ) ?

mrcleveer

Sep 22, 2020
I can make a decent e-commerce shop with WordPress, so I was thinking about making my own dropshipping business so can anyone tell me if it is possible to make it without spending any money (except hosting, domain) and if I cannot then what is the minimum amount I'll need?
Thanks in advance guys you are the greatest community ever?

A basic Woocommerce shop, attach it to Paypal or something is a complete free setup, if you not includig about the commision from Paypal.
You can find various plugins to help you right here in Babiato.

Most people start out that way i think.
In regards to dropshipping thats a whole other thing..
I think its not really good business model, as most people not want to wait for 3-6 weeks on their stuff from China or something, if they can just go to Amazon and get it the next day..
Thats just my thoughts.. May be wrong!

Good luck,

Can you start one with zero dollars? Yes is it the best practice? No, you have to spend money to make money 8 times out of 10 if you start a business and take off without investing anything you're one lucky dude, but most of the time we're not that lucky. My advice? If you really want to start a dropshipping business make money any way you can and invest in it and start the right way without wasting your time.

Reactions: mrcleveer
Not trying to hijck the thread, but I gotta comment on this, you need money to make money idea.
I honestly have never experienced that to be the case.
You need ideas, and to be willing to work hard, to make money.

Example..
Years ago, I went to a tailor in Hong Kong to make a few shirts for my husbond, and a guy came in, paid some money, and was give a huge box of shirts from the back. I asked what this was about, and wes told that the guy was selling tailormade "brand/fake" shirts online.

I then took the idea, looked into it, and build an online shop for tailored dress shirts, and tailored suits. Learned all about how to measure, and what was needed to sell this product perfectly online.
I got paid with paypal and went to order the product from my tailor. No money out of pocket, so in essence it was free to start, other than domain/hosting.
I made totally more than 100K USD on that business over approx 18 months.

Later I repeated this free to start business model a few times, and now I own several pieces of real estate fully paid for, that i rent out. Mostly paid from "free to start" business`es.

Don`t let anyone tell you, that you cannot do anything, because your broke.
It is all about timing, getting a good idea, and being able to see if it is potentially profitable.

Is it better, more easy to have some opstart money?
Sure!. But not 100% needed.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Not trying to hijck the thread, but I gotta comment on this, you need money to make money idea.

Example..
Years ago, I went to a tailor in Hong Kong to make a few shirts for my husbond, and a guy came in, paid some money, and was give a huge box of shirts from the back. I asked what this was about, and wes told that the guy was selling tailormade "brand/fake" shirts online.

I then took the idea, looked into it, and build an online shop for tailored dress shirts, and tailored suits. Learned all about how to measure, and what was needed to sell this product perfectly online.
I got paid with paypal and went to order the product from my tailor. No money out of pocket, so in essence it was free to start, other than domain/hosting.

Later I repeated this free to start business model a few times, and now I own several pieces of real estate fully paid for, that i rent out. Mostly paid from "free to start" business`es.

It is all about timing, getting a good idea, and being able to see if it is potentially profitable.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your reply, I'll try to learn from you and five my best with what I have thanks.

Reactions: CoffeeSamurai
thanks you so much for this comment @CoffeeSamurai..!!! honestly i am really lucky to switch to woocommerce, as i was planning to begin dropshipping trough shopify where you don't own sh**, get transaction fees and also get to pay everything.

Example..

Good luck.
Well like I said not trying to be pessimistic but if you start a business and take off without investing anything you're one lucky dude, but most of the time we're not that lucky. In this case you're one of those lucky dudes imo

• Sad
Well like I said not trying to be pessimistic but if you start a business and take off without investing anything you're one lucky dude, but most of the time we're not that lucky. In this case you're one of those lucky dudes imo

First I should mention I am a women, not a "dude", however i think it has nothing to do with luck, but everything to do with knowlegde, how much time you put into something, and hard work.
Do you think that all the extremely successfull people such as Richard Branson & Warren buffett, are lucky to be billionaires?
They are not. They have both, (and this goes for almost anyone that is extremely successfull), failed 99 times before they finally got the correct formular for success, and now building empires. Well,. Richard Branson is havine some money issues due to the coronavirus now but my point is the same either way.

People that have the mindset that someone else is lucky just because they themselves cannot do something, is having the wrong mentality. The truth is, that you are just not good enough, smart enough, talented enough, or intelligent enough, or simply too lazy at this moment in time.

If you study, keep believing, keep trying, never giving up, and do the required 18 hours per day of actual hard work every single day, to build your business, you will in the end get there, i have no doubt. But the truth is you are 99,9% sure not doing that. You are spending 1-3 hours, then look facebook.. That is not how to build a secure future, and a good life.

I know my last comment about being stupid and lazy was bad (please not take it personal, i do not know you 🙏 ), but let me give you an example of what i am thinking:

I have a friend that loves going to the gym that also wants a business.
He tell me he spend 3 hours in the gym, and he train this and that, and so on.. I look at him, and say, this is less than a normal routine, anyone would do in 1 hours time, why did it take you 3 hours. For him, he feel like he work hard, but really he look phone 90% of the time.
He also mentioned to me and my husbond, we are so lucky to have an "amazing" life (We have ok, not amazing life), and so on..

I tell him start a business, we will help you. What business are you interested in. He say he want to have a small thai restaurant and he lkes to cook. I come original from Thailand so i offer to help teach him to cook thai dishes, and i send him offer for a cheap little nice shop he could rent that have everything he needs to open his shop inside already. Only need a sign, and he has to go register the business. He say it is too hard, and it seem like a lot of work.

Then he say "why i am not lucky same you guys". and he goes back to the gym.

Some people simply do not understand the sacrifices needed to build a business., and if they did they would say no thank you.
I think t is because people look In instagram and think if you just follow these 7 steps in 3 days you will have 1 billion. That is only in instagram. not in the real world.

First I should mention I am a women, not a "dude", however i think it has nothing to do with luck, but everything to do with knowlegde, how much time you put into something, and hard work.
Do you think that all the extremely successfull people such as Richard Branson & Warren buffett, are lucky to be billionaires?
They are not. They have both, (and this goes for almost anyone that is extremely successfull), failed 99 times before they finally got the correct formular for success, and now building empires. Well,. Richard Branson is havine some money issues due to the coronavirus now but my point is the same either way.

People that have the mindset that someone else is lucky just because they themselves cannot do something, is having the wrong mentality. The truth is, that you are just not good enough, smart enough, talented enough, or intelligent enough, or simply too lazy at this moment in time.

If you study, keep believing, keep trying, never giving up, and do the required 18 hours per day of actual hard work every single day, to build your business, you will in the end get there, i have no doubt. But the truth is you are 99,9% sure not doing that. You are spending 1-3 hours, then look facebook.. That is not how to build a secure future, and a good life.

I know my last comment about being stupid and lazy was bad (please not take it personal, i do not know you 🙏 ), but let me give you an example of what i am thinking:

I have a friend that loves going to the gym that also wants a business.
He tell me he spend 3 hours in the gym, and he train this and that, and so on.. I look at him, and say, this is less than a normal routine, anyone would do in 1 hours time, why did it take you 3 hours. For him, he feel like he work hard, but really he look phone 90% of the time.
He also mentioned to me and my husbond, we are so lucky to have an "amazing" life (We have ok, not amazing life), and so on..

I tell him start a business, we will help you. What business are you interested in. He say he want to have a small thai restaurant and he lkes to cook. I come original from Thailand so i offer to help teach him to cook thai dishes, and i send him offer for a cheap little nice shop he could rent that have everything he needs to open his shop inside already. Only need a sign, and he has to go register the business. He say it is too hard, and it seem like a lot of work.

Then he say "why i am not lucky same you guys". and he goes back to the gym.

Some people simply do not understand the sacrifices needed to build a business., and if they did they would say no thank you.
I think t is because people look In instagram and think if you just follow these 7 steps in 3 days you will have 1 billion. That is only in instagram. not in the real world.

I think there's a misunderstanding I'm not saying it's impossible to start a dropshipping website with hard work and succeed. It's very possible and many have done it. The problem is the fact that many have done it. It's highly saturated at this point esp with covid-19 happening, so my point was it's very possible for someone to get this done with little investment and with just the knowledge on how to build a website but quite honestly the odds are low. That's just me being honest unless you have a really great unique niche and great resources to aid it you'll be playing an uphill battle. By resources, I mean like that shop you had providing shirts, a friend that does SEO with a reliable PBN network, maybe you're own network, funds for paid advertisements, and etc.

I've never ran or built one myself all the websites I've ever built have been content/service-based. I've never sold a product or ran a dropshipping store. I just know of people who run some or have tried to run some I am interested in starting one in the near future but i have my hands full with the websites I already own

just want people to know its not easy and you're going to have to put a lot into it

Last edited:
I invested in the Ali2woo plugin (made it available here) - I used it for a dropshipping site and made about $1000 .. unfortunately here's in my country it has become common to use Chinese portals to order from (AliExpress, Shein etc.) So not a big future in dropshipping - unless I keep it to products that is shipped from within the EU and has only 4-10 shipping days.. but it was all worth the experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock