• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Hacker demands BTC to give me back my database information

adaptechdesigns

Banned User
Aug 23, 2018
New York, New York
rusty.surf
Here's the email I received. Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I figured you nerds are like me. This is an obvious phishing scam, and I didnt give a F about the stupid site they mentioned. I've locked everything tight, and I'm not concerned about it at all. I am however curious about ways to find out who it is. I've found the IP information cited in the email, but I'm sure it's a proxy. The email address had me curious though, and I search for the domain whois etc. Pretty generic stuff there. I just want to troll this dude so bad. Anyone want to help?

admin@
18:42 (3 hours ago)
to Administrator

Hello Administrator,

The following is an e-mail sent to you through the administration contact
page on "R5 Forum".

The message was sent from a guest who specified the following contact
information:
Name: Valarie Thornber
E-mail address: [email protected]
IP Address: 194.187.249.182

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO SOMEONE IN YOUR COMPANY WHO IS ALLOWED TO MAKE
IMPORTANT DECISIONS!

We have hacked your website and extracted your
databases.

How did this happen?
Our team has found a vulnerability within your site that we were able to
exploit. After finding the vulnerability we were able to get your database
credentials and extract your entire database and move the information to an
offshore server.

What does this mean?

We will systematically go through a series of steps of totally damaging
your reputation. First your database will be leaked or sold to the highest
bidder which they will use with whatever their intentions are. Next if
there are e-mails found they will be e-mailed that their information has
been sold or leaked and your site was at fault
thusly damaging your reputation and having angry customers/associates with
whatever angry customers/associates do. Lastly any links that you have
indexed in the search engines will be de-indexed based off of blackhat
techniques that we used in the past to de-index our targets.

How do I stop this?

We are willing to refrain from destroying your site's reputation for a
small fee. The current fee is .33 BTC in bitcoins ($3000 USD).

Send the bitcoin to the following Bitcoin address (Copy and paste as it is
case sensitive):

1HPTGdcnRDcQtfAeE8GPdMQT2NPczHZ6EW

Once you have paid we will automatically get informed that it was your
payment. Please note that you have to make payment within 5 days after
receiving this notice or the database leak, e-mails dispatched, and
de-index of your site WILL start!

How do I get Bitcoins?

You can easily buy bitcoins via several websites or even offline from a
Bitcoin-ATM. We suggest you https://cex.io/ for buying bitcoins.

What if I don’t pay?

If you decide not to pay, we will start the attack at the indicated date
and uphold it until you do, there’s no counter measure to this, you will
only end up wasting more money trying to find a solution. We will
completely destroy your reputation amongst google and your customers.

This is not a hoax, do not reply to this email, don’t try to reason or
negotiate, we will not read any replies. Once you have paid we will stop
what we were doing and you will never hear from us again!

Please note that Bitcoin is anonymous and no one will find out that you
have complied.

Last edited:
and what is your plan?
Not sure I have a plan. It's just lame that some idiot sends that out to a ton of people. Someone may be stupid enough to fall for it. Some loser in his basement somewhere trying to come up and I figured if anyone had any ideas this forum would. Pretty smart people on here who know way more about this than I do.

First of all why didn't you secure your stuffs from the CORE at beginning . .

If you're sure your site is secured 100% then if I were you, then I would simply ignore such email shits .

In my case, the vulnerability was in PhpMyAdmin. Try to update or disable PMA and restore the database from the backup.

Is the site truly hacked?

If yes, is the website on WordPress?

or what script.

What host are you using?

I was once a victim of this, but backup from the host helped me.

But it doesn't bother you some neck beard is out there just trying to take someone's hard earned BTC? IDK dude, just figure you guys would get it.

Throughout my journey I've seen & dealt with lots of beggars assholes, from the point when I learnt what & which can be reason for such "vulnerabilities" I learnt to ignore such dickheads and such worries . . So it no more bothers .

Reactions: adaptechdesigns
Throughout my journey I've seen & dealt with lots of beggars assholes, from the point when I learnt what & which can be reason for such "vulnerabilities" I learnt to ignore such dickheads and such worries . . So it no more bothers .
I wish, sincerely I was as enlightened as you. Mean people suck dude. And I'll get over it. I have tons of sites in my life, and I have never had anything like that. Oh well. Thanks for letting me wish for vendetta for a moment.

We have hacked your website http://www. rrrrr. cloud and extracted your
databases.

NS (Name Server records)
« NS » records define authoritative name servers for « rrrrr33.com ».
  • Name servers: dns22.hichina.com and dns21.hichina.com
I think you should thank them instead and forget about trolling. There's no point in annoying them if you can't even implement an SSL on your website. They even suggested where to buy bitcoins. LOL.

My advice is don't promote your website here, Babiato is the best website for nulled scripts, but not for linking. It will hurt your website's ranking.

Move along.

Reactions: pitza
NS (Name Server records)
« NS » records define authoritative name servers for « rrrrr33.com ».
  • Name servers: dns22.hichina.com and dns21.hichina.com
I think you should thank them instead and forget about trolling. There's no point in annoying them if you can't even implement an SSL on your website. They even suggested where to buy bitcoins. LOL.

My advice is don't promote your website here, Babiato is the best website for nulled scripts, but not for linking. It will hurt your website's ranking.

Move along.
Oh wow, word? That's what you thought I was doing. Have you seen the site? Did you see it without an SSL? Damn, dude. You went in on me thinking I give one f about linking on this site, But cool. Thanks for reminding me about the SSL.
I removed all links, excluding the one you quoted

This looks like a common spam message. Just ignore it like all other spam.

Have a great day :)

You are using phpbb forum. The spammer visited /forum/memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin and messaged you from there with his template message.

Just disable admin contact in phpbb at ACP (Admin control panel) > Contact page settings > Enable contact page > Disabled

Reactions: adaptechdesigns
I used to get blackmailed a lot. One thing I learned: never allow the sucker to contact you. If he can't do that he will move one. If you have a webmail send some weird response that the email was not delivered. On webforms instead of "thank you, your message was delivered" put a php error.

I used to get blackmailed a lot. One thing I learned: never allow the sucker to contact you. If he can't do that he will move one. If you have a webmail send some weird response that the email was not delivered. On webforms instead of "thank you, your message was delivered" put a php error.
It's just a forwarding email anyway. I think I should thank them like king neck beard said. It gave me a few minutes of agitation, but I had a glaring hole there according to the experts who never visited my site. Learned my lesson about actually having a conversation in general discussion. That will stick.

Oh wow, word? That's what you thought I was doing. Have you seen the site? Did you see it without an SSL? Damn, dude. You went in on me thinking I give one f about linking on this site, But cool. Thanks for reminding me about the SSL.
I removed all links, excluding the one you quoted

I Checked your website, including the one in you profile and signature, I even added your Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to the package. You're into people with mental disabilities, plus size ladies, and crypto trading.
Yes, drama queens annoy me.

Have a great day...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock