• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

HELP!!

ZainK

May 20, 2020
Is there a way to use one (purchased) theme from ThemeForest on multiple domains/websites?

To be more precise; can I use one domain on five of my websites, with only one purchase of the theme and the license, itself?

I Googled and I found out some websites which said I had to remove the license code and just enter and I wouldn't get updates for the theme but If I have purchased the theme once already, I can keep getting updates for the one and then update my other (five) websites and all.. but it said that this method was not certain, meaning there are some themes which won't allow you to use their theme on your website unless you enter the license code and then you'll be given access in contrast to their being themes that will allow you to publish their theme on your website but if you do not have/enter its license code, that will only suggest that you just wouldn't get updates for the theme abut you will still be able to use it.

I know I sound funny but to those of you who understand what I mean, please help me out!!! :)

Much appreciated!

Just enter the same license, it might work for most themes.

HOw can you use 1 domain for 5 websites? unless you do them via subdomain or new folders within the same domain

It really all depends on the theme and how they do the licence check.

Some only check that the licence key is valid but others check if it is valid and already in use yet.

Just enter the same license, it might work for most themes.

HOw can you use 1 domain for 5 websites? unless you do them via subdomain or new folders within the same domain

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

What I meant was:
I intend to purchase one theme (from Themeforest) and then go on to use the same theme on five different websites i.e five different domains.
Is there a way to do that? I've read the licensing etc, it says that I can only use one purchased theme on one website. Now that I have a theme in mind that I want to use on five or six of my websites, they want me to purchase the theme five or six times.

I need to know if there is a way to purchase the theme only once and then go on to use it on all of my websites, with one purchase only.

I hope you get my point now.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

What I meant was:
I intend to purchase one theme (from Themeforest) and then go on to use the same theme on five different websites i.e five different domains.
Is there a way to do that? I've read the licensing etc, it says that I can only use one purchased theme on one website. Now that I have a theme in mind that I want to use on five or six of my websites, they want me to purchase the theme five or six times.

I need to know if there is a way to purchase the theme only once and then go on to use it on all of my websites, with one purchase only.

I hope you get my point now.
i am using newspaper on more than 7 websites and purchased license only once .. I simply update the other sites with the updated files, it keeps on giving me the error of having to buy the license though and the only thing that doesent work are the cloud templates .. So yeah buy one license, use it on the main site and use the same theme files on others. BUTT, if the theme is such that it wont let you set it up without a license (very rare) then you got your self in a pickle

i am using newspaper on more than 7 websites and purchased license only once .. I simply update the other sites with the updated files, it keeps on giving me the error of having to buy the license though and the only thing that doesent work are the cloud templates .. So yeah buy one license, use it on the main site and use the same theme files on others. BUTT, if the theme is such that it wont let you set it up without a license (very rare) then you got your self in a pickle

Newspaper one license can be used on multiple domains too . . . They doesn't have domain limitation, but have license activation quota instead .

It really all depends on the theme and how they do the licence check.

Some only check that the licence key is valid but others check if it is valid and already in use yet.

Hi, thank you for taking the time out.

So I basically have to purchase the theme once and then see if I could upload that to all of my other websites too without further purchasing; and it either happens or not, am I right?
But isn't there also a way to delete the license folder from the zipped file and upload the file or I don't know, customize the theme and upload it or something?
As long as I have purchased one theme and use one license on one website and domain, that theme will keep getting updated. When it does, I could easily just update my other websites too. But I don't know how and I don't know if all that's possible either, lol.
I'm a sort of newbie, I don't know much. If you could take the time out; highly appreciated.

Thank you.

That is exactly what I meant, thank you so much.
Is there a way to know if a theme does that sort of licensing checks? There probably isn't, but either way.

By the way, this is the theme I have in mind: https://themeforest.net/item/skrn-media-streaming-app-wordpress-theme/22422575
I couldn't find no nulled versions for this specific theme and a $500 investment directly would fu** me up if this idea isn't a success, lol.

And would you be so kind to explain what a 'cloud template' is?

Thank you so much!

Hi, thank you for taking the time out.

So I basically have to purchase the theme once and then see if I could upload that to all of my other websites too without further purchasing; and it either happens or not, am I right?
But isn't there also a way to delete the license folder from the zipped file and upload the file or I don't know, customize the theme and upload it or something?
As long as I have purchased one theme and use one license on one website and domain, that theme will keep getting updated. When it does, I could easily just update my other websites too. But I don't know how and I don't know if all that's possible either, lol.
I'm a sort of newbie, I don't know much. If you could take the time out; highly appreciated.

Thank you.
So basically themes from ThemeForest behave in 1 of 3 ways....

1) You have to enter the licence code for some features to work.
2) The licence code is only needed for updates
3) It doesn't even ask for a licence code

In case 1 you would have to move the licence from one site to another to use these features.

In case 2 yes you could licence it on 1 site and get the updates there and then apply them manually to the other site.

In case 3 go ahead and install on as many sites as you want.

It would help to mention the theme you have in mind and someone will be able to tell you for definite which of these apply to it.

Newspaper one license can be used on multiple domains too . . . They doesn't have domain limitation, but have license activation quota instead .

What's a domain limitation and a license activation quota, buddy?
I'm sorry there's just so many questions that come up once I find one of the answers that I'm looking for.

I'm sure you've all been there and I'll get through though,
thanks a bunch lads.

So basically themes from ThemeForest behave in 1 of 3 ways....

1) You have to enter the licence code for some features to work.
2) The licence code is only needed for updates
3) It doesn't even ask for a licence code

In case 1 you would have to move the licence from one site to another to use these features.

In case 2 yes you could licence it on 1 site and get the updates there and then apply them manually to the other site.

In case 3 go ahead and install on as many sites as you want.

It would help to mention the theme you have in mind and someone will be able to tell you for definite which of these apply to it.

Alright,
I think I'm sort of getting there, you guys are cool af.

SKRN - Media Streaming App WordPress Theme

This is the theme I have in mind.

Much obliged.

One more thing, if ever you come across someone saying "Hey Buddy your theme isnt licensed" - You can always say, OMG i am so sorry, i hired someone from freelancer.com and he installed this for me. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Saint Gabriel
One more thing, if ever you come across someone saying "Hey Buddy your theme isnt licensed" - You can always say, OMG i am so sorry, i hired someone from freelancer.com and he installed this for me. Lol
Apt!

Reactions: simpax3
What's a domain limitation and a license activation quota, buddy?
I'm sorry there's just so many questions that come up once I find one of the answers that I'm looking for.

I'm sure you've all been there and I'll get through though,
thanks a bunch lads.

Domain limitation = If you activated your license on allowed maximum of 3 domains (just for example) with the same license then you can not activate the 4th domain using the same license . . It will either no way activate or it will ask to deactivate license from existing domain first before activating the license in different domain..

License activation quota = It does not have limitations like on how many domains you can activate the license, but it has quota like 50 / 100 times of activation can be done . .
For example Newspaper theme has around 50 activation quota, after that you will get "maximum number of activation exceeded for the activation key" type of error . Then you will need to contact the team support & then they may reset the quota so that you can again use the license key further .

AHAHAHA, spot on!!

By the way, I had no luck on Google. What's a "Cloud Template" ?

Last edited:
Domain limitation = If you activated your license on allowed maximum of 3 domains (just for example) with the same license then you can not activate the 4th domain using the same license . . It will either no way activate or it will ask to deactivate license from existing domain first before activating the license in different domain..

License activation quota = It does not have limitations like on how many domains you can activate the license, but it has quota like 50 / 100 times of activation can be done . .
For example Newspaper theme has around 50 activation quota, after that you will get "maximum number of activation exceeded for the activation key" type of error . Then you will need to contact the team support & then they may reset the quota so that you can again use the license key further .

Ooh, perfectly explained buddy, thank you for taking the time out; you're remarkable!

In other words, what I am searching here for basically is a theme that has a License Activation Quota and I might as well just ask the developer of the theme if the theme that I have in mind allows that (https://themeforest.net/item/skrn-media-streaming-app-wordpress-theme/22422575), should I not?

And even if it does not, I could still use the theme on other websites by having one purchased theme and then copying the files from the one to the others easily with no hassle.

Then there's the worst case scenario where I will not be able to upload a theme without entering its license code, which a friend above has already said is very rare so that shouldn't really be an issue and I wouldn't count on it either.

Muchas Gracias, John Wick!

Well, your plan is to break the rules, you plan to activate on multiple domains which means you need to purchase theme several times or get an extended licence for 2000 usd.

So you are no way going to pay that kind of money right?

Why don't you purchase theme then, and REQUEST nulling here. I am sure someone will null the theme quickly for you and all of us to use on as many domains as you want.

Last edited:
Well, your plan is to break the rules, you plan to activate on multiple domains which means you need to purchase theme several times or get an extended licence for 2000 usd.

So you are no way going to pay that kind of money right?

Why don't you purchase theme then, and REQUEST nulling here. I am sure someone will null the theme quickly for you and all of us to use on as many domains as you want.

AHAHA, exactly; to 'break the rules'..
I'm sure all of us are either in this business for the kick of it or we're just trying to get where most people are and at least have this pay our rent. If I was already there, I and pretty much anyone else would've purchased a $2000 license but on an uncertain future, I have to think twice before spending $100, lool.

I also spoke to the developer of the theme and yes, the theme does have a domain limitation, like our friend, @CyberDeviL suggested.
The sad part is that it is limited to only one.

And you have a genuinely valid point. Also, apparently, nulliffying theme isn't a lot of hard work; you just have to replace a handful of files (the authentication and the owner verification system that leads back to the developer of the theme or plugin) that comes built-in with the theme or plug-in in question.
Heck, I just read that it isn't even considered illegal according to the GPL License.

Reactions: madroots
Very well then, I guess it's settled; I'll purchase the theme (once) and either learn how to and what files to remove and crack the theme myself (if it wasn't complicated) or I'll ask someone from this thread or elsewhere.

I believe my (licensed, purchased) theme will be updated regularly and then there could be instant cracked solutions for me and everyone from the community who are interested in this particular theme.

I thank all of the wonderful people who helped me out over here and I hope this thread is useful to someone in the future, too.

I'll update this post when I purchase this theme.

Reactions: madroots
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock