• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Hide wordpress

chrix

Jun 14, 2018
Hello fellow Babiato users, do anybody know the best way to hide the fact that a site is developed with wordpress, I have used wp hide and security enhancer and also wp hide but it did not work well for me. Any other better way to achieve that? Please anybody that knows should let me know. One love.

That is not what i meant. What i meant i best way to hide a website from online theme detectors that shows a site is made with wordpress and also name the plugins and theme the site uses. I have tried wp hide and security enhancer and wp hide but it did not give me what i want

it's kind of hard to hide it but it easy to find out just right click on the page and hit inspect then navigate to source and you will see the wp-content and wp upload you will know its WordPress

but why you want to hide it WordPress is a open-source and even some top website used it

Reactions: Babak
it's kind of hard to hide it but it easy to find out just right click on the page and hit inspect then navigate to source and you will see the wp-content and wp upload you will know its WordPress

but why you want to hide it WordPress is a open-source and even some top website used it
Is there any way to actually modify those paths so they would not be called that way? I also did my research on how to do this and came out empty, it would be great if it was possible to do.

You can use the plugin chrix mentioned to modify the paths.

Tweak from wp-content to /lib/ and then
/Themes/ to /template/ or from /plugins/ to /addons/ or any name you want to call it.

Then change the theme name to your agency name. If a theme detector checks the website it will display your agency name.

I think that will help.

You can use the plugin chrix mentioned to modify the paths.

Tweak from wp-content to /lib/ and then
/Themes/ to /template/ or from /plugins/ to /addons/ or any name you want to call it.

Then change the theme name to your agency name. If a theme detector checks the website it will display your agency name.

I think that will help.
Thank you!! <3

Is there any way to actually modify those paths so they would not be called that way? I also did my research on how to do this and came out empty, it would be great if it was possible to do.

Hello so I understand what you're trying to achieve.

You can set the following in wp-config file. It worked for me

Code:
/* WP-CONTENT PATH */
define ('WP_CONTENT_FOLDERNAME', 'core');
define ('WP_CONTENT_DIR', ABSPATH . WP_CONTENT_FOLDERNAME) ;
define('WP_SITEURL', 'https://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . '/');
define('WP_CONTENT_URL', WP_SITEURL . WP_CONTENT_FOLDERNAME);

/* WP-PLUGIN PATH */
define( 'WP_PLUGIN_DIR', dirname(__FILE__) . '/core/modules' );
define('WP_PLUGIN_URL', 'https://yoursiteurl/core/modules' );

Then you rename two folders.

wp-content => core
plugins => modules

Then you can decide to edit your wp-includes, wp-admin and themes URL with Hide My WP Plugin

Available here:

**Please ignore the link and use the plugin i have attached below instead. I just went through the thread again. I am sorry for the errors😔

Attachments

• hide-my-wp.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hello so I understand what you're trying to achieve.

You can set in wp-config the following:

Code:
/* WP-CONTENT PATH */

/* WP-PLUGIN PATH */

wp-content => core
wp-content/plugins => modules

Then you can decide to edit your wp-includes, wp-admin and themes URL with Hide My WP Plugin

Available here:

HideMyWp Plugin
Thank you so much!!!
This community is beyond incredible!! :love: :love:

I added the code below and also the instructions but online detectors and still able to detect that i run on wordpress. From the source code, every other things have changed but except wordpress and woocommerce. Wordpress and woocommerce can still be seen from the source code and i dont know if that is why online detectors are still detecting that the site runs on wordpress. Any idea on how to prevent online detectors from detecting (CMS: Wordpress from my site). Plugins, themes, every other things has changed to the different names i gave them which is ok. Any idea pls.

/* WP-CONTENT PATH */

/* WP-PLUGIN PATH */

wp-content => core
plugins => modules

I added the code below and also the instructions but online detectors and still able to detect that i run on wordpress. From the source code, every other things have changed but except wordpress and woocommerce. Wordpress and woocommerce can still be seen from the source code and i dont know if that is why online detectors are still detecting that the site runs on wordpress. Any idea on how to prevent online detectors from detecting (CMS: Wordpress from my site). Plugins, themes, every other things has changed to the different names i gave them which is ok. Any idea pls.

/* WP-CONTENT PATH */

/* WP-PLUGIN PATH */

wp-content => core
plugins => modules

Please check my post above, i have corrected it. The plugins have identical names but are totally different.

Plus I am currently running the steps i have dropped on my website. You can load it and view source. Plus if you go to Online detectors, it is unable to detect it as WordPress

Reactions: sco85
Thanks Bro, your code and plugin for hiding wordpress from online detectors worked but some detectors are still able to detect the site is wordpress. Can you pls share the settings for the plugin as u used on ur site? and also i still noticed that when i view my source code on my site, wordpress and woocommerce are still there. What am i not doing right? pls help

To completely hide the fact that you're using Wordpress is impossible. Viewing the source code will surely show you the plugins and theme files since the site is going to be calling them anyway.

Using the above-mentioned methods is as far as you can go without corrupting the installation altogether.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock