• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Hosting advice and direction

jblz81

May 6, 2022
South Africa
Hi, hope everyone doing well and had a fantastic and safe Christmas.

I have this customer that want to move their hosting to so that everything is under one roof.

I provide and design and hosting service for my customers which does not include any control panels or management tools on the customer's side. I have access to all domains and websites through one control/management console.

My host had a very limited (and prcey) reseller plan. I have an unlimited hosting package (unlimited webspace, traffic and no limits on how many domains)

Sorry for the long intro but it's just a quick background on what my current capabilities are.

The problem/issue:
APThe client requires an email management portal (user management etc) only.

What will be the best solution here as my host's only solution is for me register a completely new package for that particular client....

I don't if it makes sense to you guys, please let me know is any clarity is required or any other information is needed.

**Edit**
I want to have a solution in place/ready before I proceed with the transfer.

Thanks guys

Hello,

Doesn't exist any Unlimited Space, that always have a limit. That is just a marketing trick.

You can come with us, we have offshore plans if you need.

I recommend you check our litespeed hosting with cPanel for free and we help with migration we do it for free also for VPS. Just need to open a ticket support with old hosting details ;)

We can't post links here, forum rules. But our names says everything.

Happy new year,
Alexhost

Not sure exactly what you're looking for jblz81. It sounds like you can do the server management. I agree with what Alexhost said above - the "unlimited" pitch is a lure and there is probably some fine print that says unlimited to some "normal" usage.

And while you have "unlimited" space, you still have limits on other resources like CPU and RAM.

Depending on what kind of uptime, speed and such, you can easily find a VPS that has enough RAM, CPU and drive space, you could try a cloud like Digital Ocean, or google cheap dedicated servers. With a cheap dedi, you can use a panel like Hestia for free and manage domains, emails, DNS, etc. Again, not sure that answers your question.

Hi, hope everyone doing well and had a fantastic and safe Christmas.

I have this customer that want to move their hosting to so that everything is under one roof.

I provide and design and hosting service for my customers which does not include any control panels or management tools on the customer's side. I have access to all domains and websites through one control/management console.

My host had a very limited (and prcey) reseller plan. I have an unlimited hosting package (unlimited webspace, traffic and no limits on how many domains)

Sorry for the long intro but it's just a quick background on what my current capabilities are.

The problem/issue:
APThe client requires an email management portal (user management etc) only.

What will be the best solution here as my host's only solution is for me register a completely new package for that particular client....

I don't if it makes sense to you guys, please let me know is any clarity is required or any other information is needed.

**Edit**
I want to have a solution in place/ready before I proceed with the transfer.

Thanks guys
Your best option is to go to the cloud using a DigitalOcean Droplet. You can scale your business once it grows in areas such as storage and bandwidth. For panel, you can install Hestia Panel, create packages, and assign them to your clients. That way, they will have their own login and panel, but with the limits you added to the package.

Thanks for the response guys. WIll have a look into all the suggestions. Problem is I don't want to switch hosts just for one client, I got a good deal with my current host. Busy chatting with the manager to see whether he has a solution that he could offer.

Thanks again guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock