• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Hosting Bad Ideas & Recommendations

SharkTanker

Tech Guru
Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Oct 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I thought I'd make a small thread to give you all an idea about the use of hosting. I've been seeing a lot of threads relating to free hosting, free VPN/VPS or offshore hosting and Id like to give you a small perspective of how they function.

Trusted Hosting providers
these are the most known and trusted hosting providers. I Personally use and rely on Siteground for myself and all my clients.

Why you shouldn't be using offshore
  • Untrusted providers usually offer offshore hosting and free plans, you have no security, no way of telling what sort of access they have to your private files and database
  • No assurance of stability, your site can disappear at any time...
  • No server control
  • Terrible quality
  • Unknown security quality & privacy control
  • Limitation relating to flexibility, design, and control
  • Moving is a nightmare
  • Google engine WILL NOT rank to the best of its ability.
Alternative?
Of course... these are the alternatives below from a professional standard.
  • Use any of the above-trusted hosting providers, preferably SiteGround.
  • If you want to direct audience outside of your home country, simply use CloudFlare. Very simply, CloudFlare helps to make your website faster for all the visitors by locating a server closest to them and it also stores the Cache in their server. The beauty behind this is that SiteGround offers a free version of the CloudFlare... BINGO!
  • Now you have full control, flexibility and access to your hosting server, Cpanel and free premium applications offered by SiteGround.
Benefits of a known hosting provider
  • One of the most important points - REGULAR MAINTAINED SERVERS'
  • Second most important point - 24/7 LIVE CHAT SUPPORT
  • Highest quality applications
  • Regular updates, releases and assurance
  • Stability and control
  • Speed....👻
"What if I can't pay for a good quality hosting?"
You pay for quality... enough said.

---

Good luck

Last edited:
I use three hosting for my multiple sites: inMotion Hosting, Bluehost, Namecheap :)
inMotion Hosting & Bluehost are quite good. The most important element for hosting, from a business perspective, is to have complete support 24/7, Siteground gives that and they actually do lots of things for you on the spot or if you raise a ticket, which is usually actioned in less than 1 hour... can't get better than this. :D

I know SiteGround is one of the top (can be taken within top 3-4 hosting), but being a non-earner guy it's quite difficult for me to purchase a annual hosting package without good coupon / offer . . .

Specially I purchase multiple hostings on Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals ,.

Reactions: Babak
I know SiteGround is one of the top (can be taken within top 3-4 hosting), but being a non-earner guy it's quite difficult for me to purchase a annual hosting package without good coupon / offer . . .

Specially I purchase multiple hostings on Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals ,.
Can be taken within top 3-4 hosting, in who's perspective? I can already tell you that I manage law firms and corporations through SiteGround and I know many other corporations that prefer SiteGround. The top rating is a personal preference, mostly to do with advertising specific hosting for referrals and $$$. Again, the above is my personal opinion as I mentioned earlier.

I understand it may be a little expensive but, you pay for quality, remember that :)

Reactions: Babak
https://researchasahobby.com/full-list-eig-hosting-companies-brands/

if you're current hosting company is on that list, your quality - if it hasn't already - is about to soon start to suck.
EIG = the 'comcast' of hosting (for U.S. readers).
Buy up small companies that build a good reputation for themselves (asmallorange, greengeeks, ipage, arvixe) then slowly but surely replace the "good" elements with their low end type systems over about 12/18 mths..

My opinion, of course (shared by millions of others~ so there's that) - but do be VERY aware of who you really ARE hosting with.
Siteground
Stablehost
Hawkhost
Me..

I just use local hosting provider in my country, they have 24/7 live chat, so quickly helping when have problem and never got hacked even use theme/pluggin nulled :ROFLMAO:

a local host will always - always - always be better for you, oh Yeah.
Or hosting provided to you locally.
We provide in SG, JPN, North America, Europe~

stay away from EIG hosting companies. they give huge affiliate payouts to people who refer their services. this is the reason you find EIG host on every tech blog with a good fake review. i move my sites away from hostgator and I have been with geniushost for almost a year. I am truly pleased by this web site hosting company.

These 5 Popular Web Hosting Services Found Vulnerable to Multiple Flaws.
https://thehackernews.com/2019/01/web-hosting-server-security.html

Reactions: DarKMaSk
You guys forgot to add bluehost affiliate links. Remember, they pay 65$ per signup! :) Everyone smart enough don't pay attention to this thread! Do not ever host anything on US ground.

Hello guys, I would suggest you give a try to CrocWeb. If you need discount codes, you can get many on WHT. They are really good. Have superb uptime, support usually responds in minutes, mostly 5-7 minutes to tickets. Also, their servers are really good, carefully crafted. I have been using them for the past 2 years, and I am really happy. I have faced just two downtimes in 2 years when both the servers were upgraded in terms of OS and patches, that too for 2-3 minutes only.

Just use Amazon aws free tier or google cloud console. WIth amazon aws free tier you will be charged around 0.6 USD per month. Google cloud console gives 300USD free credit which lasts for 9 to 10 months. It all takes an hour to set all things and piece for all time.

Reactions: Hamza Bazal
stay away from EIG hosting companies. they give huge affiliate payouts to people who refer their services. this is the reason you find EIG host on every tech blog with a good fake review. i move my sites away from hostgator and I have been with geniushost for almost a year. I am truly pleased by this web site hosting company.

These 5 Popular Web Hosting Services Found Vulnerable to Multiple Flaws.
https://thehackernews.com/2019/01/web-hosting-server-security.html
Hello @jonhcarter,

I couldn't help but notice that you referred to link does not include SiteGround, yet this thread clearly recommends SiteGround. I did mention at earlier times and I'm not sure if you've read, however, when doing commercial business (which I do), the business world requires reliability, assurance, security and then speed. The big businesses out their (which I represent) do not care about speed because they are content rich and heavy sites, either way, paying quite a bit on IT infrastructure already, paying an extra couple hundred dollars every year is no problem for a maxed out hosting. So again, be careful when you reply to this kind of threads, you need to understand the requirements when it comes to business needs. I frankly don't appreciate individuals that do not have any professional expertise, while residing in their parent's basement and give out professional advice :) - not saying that that's what you're doing but just a heads up how hosting is looked us from a professional standard.

Reactions: baby_tarka
You guys forgot to add bluehost affiliate links. Remember, they pay 65$ per signup! :) Everyone smart enough don't pay attention to this thread! Do not ever host anything on US ground.
Hello @ahmede,

I couldn't help but cringe at your post... if you understand the benefit of the affiliate, also with the knowledge of hosting and the quality this hosting provides you would not be posting such a comment. Allow me to educate you a little:
  • It is clear that you have no idea about hosting in general based on saying "Do not ever host anything on US ground"... Everything quality is in US soil for your information, even the internet itself lol, including the data centers and the major backups of every hosting and data center is in AT LEAST a couple states in the USA.
  • When I recommended SiteGround, it's because I use it for commercial use for my clients, and with many years of professional IT experience, I made this thread. Affiliating SiteGround is a good idea because clients get a good deal and they also help me at the same time... that's what we do here at Babiato... help each other, what's the harm if I benefit with minor affiliate while you get a quality hosting service? I don't see any harm in it.
It sounds like you just have personal issues with US lol, so I won't continue in discussing FACTS with you anymore.

Last edited:
Is this a siteground sales ad?

:p
:unsure: - What do you think?

It's a genuine recommendation to a quality hosting service with an affiliate link added to help both sides, nothing wrong with that. If I was advertising an underground hosting (unknown company) Only Then I would have appreciated your remark.

Reactions: TheRyD3r and boYg
WPEngine is also a nice host if you are looking at just WordPress and WooCommerce. They are a little bit pricey, but the support and service are really good.
You can have a look at their plans here: https://bit.ly/2GtGlnp

:unsure: - What do you think?

It's a genuine recommendation to a quality hosting service with an affiliate link added to help both sides, nothing wrong with that. If I was advertising an underground hosting (unknown company) Only Then I would have appreciated your remark.

I was kidding around Tech Guru.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock