• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How do you guys keep your desktop tidy?

ELLIO7

Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Nov 27, 2019
Mars
Hi guys, lately I've been busy with multiple projects and It looks like my desktop stays cluttered with so many types of files like jpg, png, docs, folders, etc. Wondering if anyone has any solution to keep it organized so that I can feel a little less messy while working. Let me know if you guys have any solution to it or have any software that you use to do it.

edit: Well, I am looking for something like a temporary desktop environment. It's like while I am working on a project I will create another desktop by the project name and work there until I finish everything. Is there any app/software for windows to use?

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Last edited:
now that's one mess :ROFLMAO:

my suggestion delete what you don't use then create some folder and start organizing the files by name

now that's one mess :ROFLMAO:

my suggestion delete what you don't use then create some folder and start organizing the files by name
Well, I am looking for something like a temporary desktop environment. It's like while I am working on a project I will create another desktop by the project name and work there until I finish everything. Is there any app / software for windows to use?

• Love
Reactions: ELLIO7
First of all don't put everything on your desktop
Keep your desktop as clean as it can be
Make a folder (or few folders) and start organizing, eventually number by importance, like this

2020-10-09 23_59_41-New Volume (G_).png

Is there any app / software for windows to use

From the picture aren't you using a mac? Or is just a skin?

I have created a folder which name is "Temp" on D drive. And all downloaded files or output files (PSD to JPEG or HTML or PHP whatever) on that folder. After finish process i move on project folder in and delete temp files. If i download theme/plugin or something scripts i arrange folders on my external drive and i organized versions. I wont touch downloaded files on external files i just play with copied version on Temp folder. So my desktop everytime look clean

My desktop is locked always, i see desktop only when i login :)
In Linux we have virtual desktops, that's a good solution if You have it on Windows!

My desktop is locked always, i see desktop only when i login :)
In Linux we have virtual desktops, that's a good solution if You have it on Windows!
Windows has multiple desktop options but it's not something virtual. It's just another area with the same folders.

Reactions: Niko Nemo
First of all don't put everything on your desktop
Keep your desktop as clean as it can be
Make a folder (or few folders) and start organizing, eventually number by importance, like this

2020-10-09 23_59_41-New Volume (G_).png

From the picture aren't you using a mac? Or is just a skin?
I will try to apply your method. Let's see how it turns out.

About the picture - it's from google.

I am going to try this out. Thanks @NullMaster

• Love
Reactions: NullMaster
The answer is deeper than that. You'll never commit to any new systems of bringing chaos into order unless you first reframe your awareness that it's not your desktop, but rather a sacred space for infinite potential. 🙏 🤣

Last edited:
I like how your folders look :eek: , this is my
Hi guys, lately I've been busy with multiple projects and It looks like my desktop stays cluttered with so many types of files like jpg, png, docs, folders, etc. Wondering if anyone has any solution to keep it organized so that I can feel a little less messy while working. Let me know if you guys have any solution to it or have any software that you use to do it.

edit: Well, I am looking for something like a temporary desktop environment. It's like while I am working on a project I will create another desktop by the project name and work there until I finish everything. Is there any app/software for windows to use?

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg
Try to use this... I've used it on the past but honestly I prefer that caos instead of organized desktop :D

You can find the full version on internet, I can't post it here

Disorganized files are like throwing every file into the room, and we'll have a hard time finding them when we need to.

This is my method similar to the slvrsteele method:
Create a large folder, then fill it with sub folders, in the sub folder there are sub sub folders and so on.
The analogy is for example we have a file building called "Data 2020" in this building there are 3 file rooms with a door, for example it says "Project" "Resource" and "Ofline".
Inside the room, there is a files cabinet as a sub-sub folder, then a drawer is a sub--sub-sub-folder containing the “project on progress” “invoice” and “presentation” file folders.
In this way we can easily find files stored according to the hierarchy that we created.
for example starting from what year, work group, work subgroup, then to the client folder.

There is one more trick, which is to create a directory list with excell and then hyperlink each file in the list so that when needed we can click directly on the file name to open it.

Always tidy up the file folder at least once a week.

• Love
Reactions: KarmaticOne
I like how your folders look :eek: , this is my

Try to use this... I've used it on the past but honestly I prefer that caos instead of organized desktop :D

You can find the full version on internet, I can't post it here
Used Stardock Fences 3 and it quite sucked for me.

I am using Windows and I hope you are able implement something similar on your Mac.

This is how I do it:

Capture.PNG

As you can see, there are no icon because everything is hidden.
I only search for my files on Desktop via the File explorer tab or This PC.

Capture.PNG

My files are also arranged based on type and date.
I also put them into folders.

Hope that will give you some ideas!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceWorker
I am using Windows and I hope you implement something similar on your Mac.

This is how I do it:

Capture.PNG

As you can see, there are no icon because everything is hidden.
I only search for my files on Desktop via the File explorer tab or This PC.

My files are also arranged based on type and date.
I also put them into folders.

Hope that will give you some ideas!

:)
Well, I do use windows too. Actually, I can turn off showing icons but It will also take away the option to work on Desktop using folders...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anassalmi
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock