• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How do you manage depression?

tradesman

Mar 9, 2020
Cold North
Tried some stuff but nothing seems to work for me. I tried to stay away from what I usually do (as the doctor advised), took a break from the internet and stopped dev and find new hobbies, but it's just the same thing. How about you, guys, what worked for you? The sooner I can get rid of Zoloft the better.

Start doing physical exercises daily.

Reactions: tradesman
Hi @balbonic,

First just let me say well done for sharing your situation. Acknowledging depression and actually asking for help is a huge step and not one that everyone is brave enough to do. It took me a long time to reach that stage.

As for the specifics of your question - there really is no right or wrong answer to this. What works for one person might not help another.

For me what usually is helps is a change of routine and even more so a change in scenery. If I've had several down days in a row I find taking a trip somewhere (even just overnight or a day trip) helps.

Unfortunately during this Covid pandemic this is regularly not possible. So I'm actually having a lot more down days than good days lately.

Now some advice from a very personal standpoint (and its advice I'm not following myself even though I should) and that is to try and avoid alcohol.

For me during these spells of lockdown I find that I am drinking a lot more than I used to and I know it is making my depression worse but it is a habit I'm finding very difficult to get out of.

I know this has been somewhat of a rambling answer but if you take nothing else from it just know that you are not alone in your struggles.

Best of luck mate!

Depression is always bad, and I have struggled with this myself, same as many others.
Personally, I found my way out on the other side through meditation, and trying to look into what the reasons were I was feeling bad.
It is not easy, and sometimes you need to reach out to the people in your life, that you feel maybe has wronged you, or that you maybe need to clarify something with.
Naturally depression can be based on many things, but the thing you always has to remember is that there is always hope, and a way thought it.
You are not alone, and we are many that have been in your situation, and one day you will be clear out on the other side.

I wish you all the best :)

Reactions: mader and tradesman
If you are diagnosed with depression please seek help from a trained mental health practitioner. While you are searching for a good practitioner, avoid thought based meditations though meditations which require focusing on external things should help in the interim.

Thanks for your thoughtful inputs. Been experimenting on a lot of stuff lately and if you'll notice the date I joined Babiato it was the early stages of Covid19. Being stuck is not good for me and social distancing is not helping a lot but we really don't have an option... Winter is coming too...

Thank you everyone for your input worth so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medw1311
Thanks for your thoughtful inputs. Been experimenting on a lot of stuff lately and if you'll notice the date I joined Babiato it was the early stages of Covid19. Being stuck is not good for me and social distancing is not helping a lot but we really don't have an option... Winter is coming too...

Thank you everyone for your input worth so much.

It's okay to be not okay folks :love:

Depression can be a very hard burden and i understand brother!
I don't have depression at all, never...
But when I'm "down" sometimes it helps me when i push myself out of my comfort zone, to do something new, to make something, to do what i usually don't like, to travel somewhere (even local), to make some good deeds. And Nature.....

Reactions: tradesman
Well, one thing that is working for me so far is committing to do a project. Procrastinating less makes me feel that I'm achieving more, and that is improving my state of mind.

i will recommend to join health club (gym), it will give you some time to relax, meet with new friends.. it will change your that same work routine too.

please try it once...

Everybody out der is having tough times during COVID. First, you should see a professional mental psychologist for getting advice. meanwhile, you can try out setting up a good goal and working to achieve that, this brings some meaning in life during this time. Pick the subject which is so passionate about you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock