• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How to properly report errors and ask for help (except license key error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrsteele

Mr. G(rumpy)
Staff member
Null Master
Babiato Lover
Trusted Uploader
Nov 5, 2019
CDN
I've seen a lot of members saying "I have white screen, why?". With the risk of being considered blunt I have to say that this is a totally dumb question (with emphasis on "totally dumb").
I know that not all have advanced programming knowledge but this is basic knowledge. First of all you check the error log of your server. You will find there all you need to report the error.
IS THAT SIMPLE

Following is how to properly report an error and ask for help (categorized):

1. In case of php scripts following are required from you to say:

1.1Machine typeThis is your server: baremetal, dedicated, VPS, local
1.2Web server typeYour running server type: nginx, apache, litespeed or in case of local: xamp, wamp, alexserv etc
1.3Php versionYour server php version: 5.x, 7.2, 7.3 etc
1.4Application frameworkMost of applications are build on a framework and you should mention that cause every framework have its own issues or requirements. Most popular frameworks used are: CodeIgniter and Laravel. You can find this by opening main index.php of the app and you'll find it written in the first lines.
1.5Last lines of your server error logThis is very helpful cause you can find in there most of the errors which leads very easily to a quick solution.
1.6Custom mentionsSay here everything else that's not covered by above points (from 1 to 5). Like: I can access the back-end but front-end give white screen.
Or: these are errors from developer's console log: ...

2. In case of wordpress sites this is what you have to say for a quick answer pointing the solution for your issue:

2.1Web server typeYour running server type: nginx, apache, litespeed or in case of local: xamp, wamp, alexserv etc
2.2Php versionYour server php version: 5.x, 7.2, 7.3 etc
2.3Wordpress versionIf it's not the latest wordpress version then mention it
2.4Active themeMention your active theme (this is really important as you will see)
2.5Active pluginsIt's well known that some plugins are conflicting with others or with theme this is why it's important to mention your active theme and installed plugins. So make a list of your installed plugins and put it here.
2.6Security plugin rulesSometimes you might have defined some rules (or they are pre-defined) that will conflict with your theme so mention them (if it's the case)
2.7Custom mentionsSay here everything else that's not covered by above points (from 1 to 5). Like: I can access the back-end but front-end give white screen.
Or: these are errors from developer's console log: ...
Or: this is what I found in my server error log: ...
For wordpress users is very important to know how to activate debugging so do a quick search on google of "how to activate debug on wordpress sites"

Mind that IT IS NOT MANDATORY for the board members to help you. They will do it if they have time.

None of the members will solve bugged themes or plugins. This is developer's job. So if a theme/plugin/app have bugs then wait for next release unless you wanna pay for someone to solve it.

Before you report an error make sure that you followed the required steps to install the app/plugin/theme and the requirements are fulfilled.
For most of your questions (like: how do I activate debug) you can find the answer on Google so don't be afraid to use. Google is your best friend.

@Babak @medw1311 @TassieNZ @zen123 please lock this thread for replies. Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock