• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I am going to create website like Themeforest

ELLIO7

Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Nov 27, 2019
Mars
This is a thread to reconsider my plans and ideas for creating a site like Themeforest. Actually, I want to create a website where I will give my users access to templates and layouts for popular page builders. You can expect the page builders to be Elementor, Divi, or other popular ones. I will upload templates and layouts of my own design alongside templates which are from the internet.

Let's come to the point. I need your suggestions and ideas. If you know any site like this please share them with me. Let me know of your favorite page builders. Also, suggest some ideas so I can do make this project profitable. Last but not least let me know if my idea sounds good enough to you.

Some technical suggestions you can let me know of ~
1. What are some good plugins to create a download restriction system for my files?
2. Is PayPal created with a VCC is reliable to take online payments?
3. Best membership plugins you have used for WordPress. Though I am considering to use Ultimate Membership.

*** Do not link to any GPL websites to comply with Babiato rules.***

Last edited:
I dont know of any other site exactly like this, however in regards to monetization, I recommend in the early days, make it free. Offer free download to users that share the content.
You can do that with a simple content locker, and just use ads on the site.
Maybe also a donation button..

When/if the gets larger, you can charge a low monthly fee, hwever I personally this is not a great idea, as if its very popular people can ust share login information, and you still not getting any money..

Maybe the best would be pay per download or with a social media share, as that way we all pay you in some way, shape or form..

Good luck,

I dont know of any other site exactly like this, however in regards to monetization, I recommend in the early days, make it free. Offer free download to users that share the content.
You can do that with a simple content locker, and just use ads on the site.
Maybe also a donation button..

When/if the gets larger, you can charge a low monthly fee, hwever I personally this is not a great idea, as if its very popular people can ust share login information, and you still not getting any money..

Maybe the best would be pay per download or with a social media share, as that way we all pay you in some way, shape or form..

Good luck,
Thanks for your response and ideas. Actually, I am considering adding a download limit so that people can't bulk download all of the uploaded files at once. About account sharing that is something, I can't do anything about. We all do this and I've no control over it so I will consider that as an unsolvable issue. My main reason to build this project is to see if people really gonna pay me for having a subscription so I cannot imagine giving away the templates and layouts for free. Although I have a plan to serve them for a really cheap and comparative price.

Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel why don't you learn how to make ETK's to sell on Themeforest?

Reactions: Mr G
This is a thread to reconsider my plans and ideas for creating a site like Themeforest. Actually, I want to create a website where I will give my users access to templates and layouts for popular page builders. You can expect the page builders to be Elementor, Divi, or other popular ones. I will upload templates and layouts of my own design alongside templates which are from the internet.

Let's come to the point. I need your suggestions and ideas. If you know any site like this please share them with me. Let me know of your favorite page builders. Also, suggest some ideas so I can do make this project profitable. Last but not least let me know if my idea sounds good enough to you.

Some technical suggestions you can let me know of ~
1. What are some good plugins to create a download restriction system for my files?
2. Is PayPal created with a VCC is reliable to take online payments?
3. Best membership plugins you have used for WordPress. Though I am considering to use Ultimate Membership.
https://easydigitaldownloads.com/
for your needs.

Reactions: ELLIO7
Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel why don't you learn how to make ETK's to sell on Themeforest?
Well producing something close to the templates already available in Envato Elements or Themeforest is really demanding and laborious work. The website I am thinking about to make will include templates and layouts from ThemeForest too. It's just going to be a site where I add everything from the internet in one place along with my own designs.

Edit: It's ridiculous how little to no sales the ETK's have in ThemeForest. because of how expensive they are. So that's another reason not to go with this approach.

I always knew EDD but never tried it. If you have experience let me know, I will try to talk with you in private messages for any query.
never used it before but from what i have experienced its a good plugin specially for what you need. restricting daily downloads.

EDD is good but not very customizable with Elementor.

Woocommerce Memberships + Woocommerce Downloads would be my preferred choice.

• Love
for membership i am not sure, but i heard good things about amember and is quite popular in industry.

for membership i am not sure, but i heard good things about amember and is quite popular in industry.
OMG, why are these plugin is named so similarly? Like amember and armember. Also Ultimate Member and Ultimate Membership. This is really ridiculous...

OMG, why are these plugin is named so similarly? Like amember and armember. Also Ultimate Member and Ultimate Membership. This is really ridiculous...
lack of creativity?? idk lol

• Haha
Hello goodday,

You can check out this website and see if that can be of any help to you. I do not own it or am i affiliated in anyway but their concept is quite interesting

Hello goodday,

You can check out this website and see if that can be of any help to you. I do not own it or am i affiliated in anyway but their concept is quite interesting
I was worried this thread might end up going down this path.

No mention or discussion of ANY "GPL" type site is allowed here.

I was worried this thread might end up going down this path.

No mention or discussion of ANY "GPL" type site is allowed here.
Didn't see that coming but I've updated the thread to let people know of that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock