• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Is Lightsail a bad option for WordPress?

funguy

Jul 31, 2020
India
digitalgyan.org
Hello guys
I was looking for your opinion about whether Amazon Lightsail is bad for WordPress?
Recently I migrated one of my sites on Lightsail. A few days it was good, later a number of issues are there. Featured image is not working with newly uploaded images but it works with images uploaded before. Speed is also not that much good like in the initial first week.

Do you have a similar experience?

I've always had a great experience with Lightsail, it does require a good technical knowledge though, so not recommended for a beginner.

I had a great experience for initial 7-10 days. I agree it needs more experience.
It needs a lot of stuff doing via the console and it is so easy to screw stuff up there if you don't know what you are doing.

But if you are comfortable with Linux then Lightsail is the best value for money going.

For the rest of us I'd recommend Cloudways.

Reactions: satrion
It needs a lot of stuff doing via the console and it is so easy to screw stuff up there if you don't know what you are doing.

But if you are comfortable with Linux then Lightsail is the best value for money going.

For the rest of us I'd recommend Cloudways.
Another reason maybe I am on the lowest $3.5 plan :D

lightsail very easy to manage.
If you are looking for a managed VPS then cloudways better option for you or https://spinupwp.com/ is SASS based service they will install everything on your server via python script so you don't have to do like
Web server, mysql,php and extensions, Redis Memcached install and configure reverse proxy server block security. For wp security etc etc.

But I encourage you to learn Linux and do it yourself it will be cheaper and easy.

well if you create an extra user in Linux you can mess up very easily. that user will not have sudo priviliages and you need to type su Sudo command any other commands which you are required to create a new user for every other vps do not use root user.

Thanks, everyone. I have figured out the issue and resolved it. It was actually Jetpack's image acceleration feature that was enabled and it was breaking many featured images randomly. Disabling the image acceleration fixed everything.

I used lightsailt and used Webinoly to build the web server. I maintain a lot of Wordpress websites on this, extremely stable. There has never been a downtime

I used lightsailt and used Webinoly to build the web server. I maintain a lot of Wordpress websites on this, extremely stable. There has never been a downtime
There was no downtime. I wasn't able to figure out why newly uploaded images did not appear on front end. It was due to Jetpack's image acceleration feature. After disabling that, everything is working fine.

Thanks, everyone. I have figured out the issue and resolved it. It was actually Jetpack's image acceleration feature that was enabled and it was breaking many featured images randomly. Disabling the image acceleration fixed everything.
Yes jetpack has some weird problems

Reactions: funguy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lomito
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock