• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

MKV To MP4 Converter

Anas_Ayub13

Banned User
May 2, 2022
Can you guys suggest to me how to convert Mkv files to mp4, without losing quality? I have dual audio in my Mkv files and want to keep them both in mp4 as well, your help would be much appreciated. Thanks In advance.

Can you guys suggest to me how to convert Mkv files to mp4, without losing quality? I have dual audio in my Mkv files and want to keep them both in mp4 as well, your help would be much appreciated. Thanks In advance.

Using ffmpeg

single file:
Code:
ffmpeg -i media.mkv -c copy media.mp4

scans all subfolders and creates mp4 files in the parent folder:
Code:
for /R %a in (*.mkv) DO ffmpeg -i "%a" -c copy "%~na.mp4"

...alternatively Handbrake

Using ffmpeg

single file:
Code:
ffmpeg -i media.mkv -c copy media.mp4

scans all subfolders and creates mp4 files in the parent folder:
Code:
for /R %a in (*.mkv) DO ffmpeg -i "%a" -c copy "%~na.mp4"

...alternatively Handbrake
Using handbrake it makes a file double of its size.

Using handbrake it makes a file double of its size.
Yes that’s normal , same as with ffmpeg

nothing you can do about that , you can compress the size but it loses quality

I prefer ffmpeg over handbreak , the ffmpeg code above will work with most browsers but I would add sc threshold, hide banner, scale for 720p or 1080p preset for the speed , but remember the faster you go the bigger the file will be and the lower quality , libx to make it play on all browsers

you mite want to try -c:a aac for dual audio

check ffmpeg site for all the commands

Reactions: maximx86
Using ffmpeg is the fastest way... as it does NOT re-encode the video. It only changes the container from mkv to mp4 and keeps the original file size.
I didn't know that, I'll try.
Doing it this way you run the risk of it not playing in all browsers or on mobile phones

you don’t need ffmpeg to do this just change .mkv to .mp4 on the file and see if it plays 🙂

but becos 1 files plays don’t mean they will will so it’s best to encode from the start

Last edited:
All I need is my file to play dual audio, cant find a reliable source.
Ffmpeg will copy both audio and video map paths , as long as the dual audio is on the file already then it will work

you have to play around with ffmpeg to see what works best

personal I use around 15 different presets to get the right speed , quality, file size, plus to make it play on all browsers

Reactions: DatDudeUpStairs
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock