• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Need help optimizing WP site speed

sirs2k

Aug 9, 2020
Australia
Hey Peeps!,

Because I'm on a very tight budget, I decided to build my own site and thanks to Babiato I've had unlimited supply of both plugins and support from the awesome community!
But I've been having huge difficulties trying to optimize the speed of the site! I'm with siteground (middle plan) and have enabled CloudFlare CDN.

So!

My website is : https://www.thecameracrew.com.au/
I'm using the adeline theme their support is absolute rubbish, they haven't replied to my ticket in over 3.5 weeks...

As you can see, there are a few things I have to do but no idea how.

If you look at this test:

You'll see that:
and

Past test (we know the host is at least this fast

Are taking a lot of loading time, I have successfully used OMGF and hosted the fonts locally but I don't know how I can host the actual style of the fonts and to point to them locally.

I also need to minimize the number of requests and reduce the render-blocking resources

I tried using Asset CleanUp Pro, SG Optimizer and WP Rocket for all day, for 3 days straight now but I can't seem to get anywhere!

I'd also love to remove bloatware from the theme, especially the silly huge icon pack that came with it.

I know some of you will prob say to get rid of slider revolution slide but I love how it looks, if there's a lighter alternative that I can do the same fade-in and keburns with I'd love to know

I'm exshausted and burnt out, putting my hands up and giving up on trying to do it myself, and looking at this great community for help

I'll happily supply my logins to reputable members

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited:
the site seems fine to me just imagen loaded a bit slow did you active Cloudflare from Siteground dashboard which provides free railgun service also try adding cache rules on your homepage in Cloudflare

the site seems fine to me just imagen loaded a bit slow did you active Cloudflare from Siteground dashboard which provides free railgun service also try adding cache rules on your homepage in Cloudflare

Thanks for the quick reply, yes I activated CF from siteground dashboard and Railgun is activated.
If you run google pagespeed you'll see there's huge problems around render-blocking resources and Speed Index

sometimes I don't go by what page speed insight says i have a super-fast website and still says 32 scores try using other tools

Pingdom

Sinium

Hey Peeps!,

Because I'm on a very tight budget, I decided to build my own site and thanks to Babiato I've had unlimited supply of both plugins and support from the awesome community!
But I've been having huge difficulties trying to optimize the speed of the site! I'm with siteground (middle plan) and have enabled CloudFlare CDN.

So!

My website is : https://www.thecameracrew.com.au/
I'm using the adeline theme their support is absolute rubbish, they haven't replied to my ticket in over 3.5 weeks...

As you can see, there are a few things I have to do but no idea how.

If you look at this test:

You'll see that:
and

Past test (we know the host is at least this fast

Are taking a lot of loading time, I have successfully used OMGF and hosted the fonts locally but I don't know how I can host the actual style of the fonts and to point to them locally.

I also need to minimize the number of requests and reduce the render-blocking resources

I tried using Asset CleanUp Pro, SG Optimizer and WP Rocket for all day, for 3 days straight now but I can't seem to get anywhere!

I'd also love to remove bloatware from the theme, especially the silly huge icon pack that came with it.

I know some of you will prob say to get rid of slider revolution slide but I love how it looks, if there's a lighter alternative that I can do the same fade-in and keburns with I'd love to know

I'm exshausted and burnt out, putting my hands up and giving up on trying to do it myself, and looking at this great community for help

I'll happily supply my logins to reputable members

Thank you very much in advance!
your web is quite fast for me. it's only take 2 sec on my browser

sometimes I don't go by what page speed insight says i have a super-fast website and still says 32 scores try using other tools

Pingdom

Sinium

Ok great, thanks guys

My page size is actually decent, but there is one thing that's REALLY bugging me!
Which is Font Awesome... As you can see from my speed test
https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.8.1/css/all.css?ver=1.9.2 is taking almost a second!

I've looked absolutely everywhere and browsed every guide to hosting fonts locally but I just can't find where in the theme is pointing to that css so I can replace it with my own CDN or local location for all.ccs

This would greatly help me!

Edit:
Nevermind, that font awesome problem is now gone! It was thanks to All in One Support Button!
Now my site is loading much faster!

Last edited:
I would like to ask a different question though...

Maybe this is a very stupid question, I think CDN does this automatically, but...
Is there a way to serve up local theme assets from CDN? How can I route it that way?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock