• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Need Suggestions for a website that contains data

vyn

May 7, 2022
Earth
I have an idea to create a website that contains the names of dangerous ingredients in food.

I want to make it so that if a user searches for the name of a particular ingredient, the user can just click on the name of the ingredient, then documents or regulations related to that food ingredient will appear without the page having to be reloaded.

So, users can easily SEARCH and VIEW references related to the material they are looking for.

I want to use WordPress as the base, can the masters here advise what plugin I should use?

If not, can you suggest a script that is similar to this? Thank you very much.

To achieve the functionality you described in WordPress, you'll likely need a combination of plugins and possibly some custom coding. Here's a general guide on how you might approach this:

1. Custom Post Type (CPT):
    • Create a custom post type for your ingredients. You can use a plugin like "Custom Post Type UI" to make this process easier.
  2. Custom Taxonomies:
    • Create custom taxonomies for your ingredients. This allows you to categorize and tag your ingredients for easy reference. Again, you can use a plugin like "Custom Post Type UI" or "Types" for this.
  3. Search & Display:
    • For searching and displaying results, you might use the default WordPress search functionality or enhance it with a plugin like "SearchWP" or "Relevanssi." These plugins allow for more advanced search capabilities.
  4. Ajax Loading:
    • To load content without reloading the entire page, you'll need to implement AJAX. WordPress has a built-in AJAX API that you can use. You might need to create a custom template for your search results, and then use AJAX to load the content dynamically.
  5. Custom JavaScript:
    • Write custom JavaScript to handle the AJAX requests and dynamically update the content on your page. This will involve using jQuery or vanilla JavaScript depending on your preference.
  6. Plugin for AJAX:
    • Depending on your needs, you might find a plugin like "Ajaxify WordPress Site(AWS)" helpful. This plugin helps in adding AJAX functionality to your WordPress site.
Remember to test thoroughly after implementing each step to ensure everything works as expected.

If you prefer using a plugin that already has some of this functionality, you might want to look into plugins like "Ajax Search Pro" or "Search & Filter." These plugins offer more advanced search options and can potentially be configured to display content without reloading the page.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock