• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Only working default permalinks in WordPress, others permalinks options becomes 404 error

zara

Trusted Uploader
Mar 31, 2019
Hello,

I have some wired problems on my once client website. When changing the permalink type other than "Plain" all pages shows 404. I have change setting over and over again, but none of the options seems working. Does anybody have any idea about this?

Thank you.

If you are using any cache plugin then Purge the cache!!
If not then install any Backup plugin and backup your setting
Uninstall the theme or in some case uninstall the wordpress from server and re-do again!!
Then Re-import the settings!!

Just suggesting not recommending you to do this!! There might be another way!!

Reactions: zara
If you are using any cache plugin then Purge the cache!!
If not then install any Backup plugin and backup your setting
Uninstall the theme or in some case uninstall the wordpress from server and re-do again!!
Then Re-import the settings!!

Just suggesting not recommending you to do this!! There might be another way!!
Thank you for your suggestion. I have update Wordpress hence it couldn't' be a core file issue,also deactivated all plugins. no-cache plugins. maybe I should try to change the theme.

but it is not activated, and it has really simple SSL plugin also, but without SSL plugin styles not loading due to mix content

It has rankmath
I just guessed causes i can not fix without see files and backedn but i think somehow correpted your permalink structure one plugin or configuration. May canonical URL structure i donnow.
Track that way or consult your hosting may some apache module or configuration cause error

I just guessed causes i can not fix without see files and backedn but i think somehow correpted your permalink structure one plugin or configuration. May canonical URL structure i donnow.
Track that way or consult your hosting may some apache module or configuration cause error
Thank you for your suggestion and time :) , i will let it know to the customer

Try this old trick,

rename and download your old .htaccess to something else but DONT DELETE

edit this file BUT don't replace existing code but rather add to it:

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

save it as new .htaccess then upload

use filezilla.

goodluck, sister

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock