• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Re: CodeCanyon Script Suggestion

bamsjm20

Apr 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I've been here a while checking all the scripts and using them on my Websites.

Thanks to the Admins & Moderators for growing this community faster as faster possible.

I need help with this Query -

I have checked few Scripts like Food Delivery Application on CodeCanyon & Affiliate Management System on CodeCanyon. I found both the files here.
My Question is

Whether do i need original (licensed) code to edit full code as I like?
I got in touch with the authors they say that even if i download the licensed product i can't be able to edit it as i like. they are bound to codecanyon licensing terms.

What i should do?

Waiting for reply.

@Babak @NullMaster & others who have knowledge with these, please help me with this.

Thank you

Hello Everyone,

I've been here a while checking all the scripts and using them on my Websites.

Thanks to the Admins & Moderators for growing this community faster as faster possible.

I need help with this Query -

I have checked few Scripts like Food Delivery Application on CodeCanyon & Affiliate Management System on CodeCanyon. I found both the files here.
My Question is

I got in touch with the authors they say that even if i download the licensed product i can't be able to edit it as i like. they are bound to codecanyon licensing terms.

What i should do?

Waiting for reply.

@Babak @NullMaster & others who have knowledge with these, please help me with this.

Thank you
Unless they have some system to detect all the apps/webs that are using their scripts, you can edit whatever you want. I'm doing this from a lot of time, and no problems.

Reactions: bamsjm20

You can safely edit any code of any app you have license for.

You CANNOT redistribute the code (edited or not), whatever edit you do is for personal use only under the term "End Product"

You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product can be distributed for Free.
[...]
You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it.
[...]

Things you can't do with the item

You can’t re-distribute the Item as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if you modify the Item. You can’t re-distribute or make available the Item as-is or with superficial modifications. These things are not allowed even if the re-distribution is for Free

It's practically not possible to use most of the scripts, especially with frontend designs without some kind of modifications. So its perfectly fine if you want to edit the script according to your need.

I do it all the times, the only thing you need to be careful about is to keep the documentation of what changes you made because after some time you won't remember all the things you modified and when it's time to update the script you gonna have a hard time.

If you are familiar with GIT, You can also create your private repository on GitHub or something and merge changes with new updates

Actually I'm not looking to resale or redistribute the code. I'll keep that with me and I'll charge end users because i'll make some new features into them. So, I was looking to know if i can do that and can be able to charge my end users without reselling the script.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock