• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Review: Scurlink.com

hardcore99

Feb 20, 2020
Hi guys!

How are you? Hope fine :D

I want to share with u this url shortner because i need some testers in order to develop new functionalities and find bugs.
I ll give 10 Premium account for 12 months for the first 10 people (obviously) who can help me with the details mentioned above. If u want to participate just create a free account and pm me to receive the Premium plan.

Link: https://scurlink.com

Thank you in advance! :D

Last edited:
I
Get now a free premium account an use a short link in your signature, you can even personalize it! Like https://scur.link/alexmisaila
I've created an account with the same username as here.... Maybe if you use some little influencers on instagram (10k-20k followers) or youtube to share a review and use your website, you can hace success.

Reactions: hardcore
I
I've created an account with the same username as here.... Maybe if you use some little influencers on instagram (10k-20k followers) or youtube to share a review and use your website, you can hace success.
Thank you for the advice!

I've been checking your website and honestly I like it.... It's created by you, or it's just some modified code from internet? (Just asking)... What do the "custom domain" option? I'm asking because I have it locked and I can't see.
You need to check the code and solve this issue when I click on that option (look at the profile image and options):
1600712578746.png

Reactions: hardcore
I've been checking your website and honestly I like it.... It's created by you, or it's just some modified code from internet? (Just asking)... What do the "custom domain" option? I'm asking because I have it locked and I can't see.
You need to check the code and solve this issue when I click on that option (look at the profile image and options):
1600712578746.png
Thank you so much :D, so
it s not 100% my code. In order to use the "Custom domain" feature you need the Business plan.

REVIEW:

The UI:

As soon as you login to your dashboard, you get access to the backend which is quite simple to navigate and get things done. The process to shorten a URL is relatively easy. All you do is paste your long URL, and select an option from the dropdown. You can choose from direct, splash or frame,
NOTE: You can also click on advanced options to access more parameters and set things like custom alias, expiration date, add a password and set a description for yourself so you know exactly what those links are for.

For this test I set the following with the alias being test1direct and password test

You can check it out here:
https://scur.link/test1direct
The password is test

1600714039692.png

1600714445774.png

As you can see here, my link is created and visible on the dashboard along with some insights regarding number of clicks etc.

A big bonus with this URL Shortener service is that it offers a wide range of features. If I click on edit, I can set a whole bunch of parameters which you can see in the image below:
1600714590283.png

Me being a new user, will never really use all of these features mostly because I don't even know what they are for and how to go about using them. Thankfully, some pages do have some short blurb on the right explaining what they are for but I still feel that it's insufficient.

Overview:
Scur.link has a ton of features including the ability to create a custom splash screen, Creating such a screen is quite simple provided your images are within the required dimensions.

Another great feature is the geotargeting feature which allows you to create links for different countries etc. This feature was tested and does work perfect!

One downside of the features offered is that some features will not work properly on some browsers. For example, I have selected to display an overlay on my shortened URL and on FireFox I see the following:
1600716892268.png

This isn't scur.link's fault but I'd assume this may be a deterrent for some end users if their browser shows something like this. Furthermore, when you use chrome, the link won't open at all:
1600717119392.png

This is probably because babiato has some protection or something in place that prevents these things from working.

When I did try on another site, it seemed to work however, my custom overlay did not show up at all:

1600717514651.png

Not all features available on this site is documented and that makes it a bit difficult to understand what everything means/is for. One such feature is bundles. I have no clue what this is and there's no way of knowing. It would be nice to have some guide or F.A.Q or Documentation available for every feature available on the site.
1600717787740.png

I would like to see Scur.Link provide documentation for their features. Features without documentation are as good as no features in my opinion. If the user doesn't know the capability of the features available, they can never fully utilize the service to it's full potential.

Insights:
Scur.Link does give you a lot of insights directly from the panel so you can see how users are reaching you (windows version etc) as well as the country they are in.

OVERALL:
It's a decent tool which does work however, some features do not work 100% due to limitations that are out of Scur.Link's control. The pricing isn't super expensive consider bit.ly charges $300/month for their service. It would be nice to have the custom domain feature available on the cheaper plans so that some users can at least use their parked domains for something useful.

Sample Links:
Overlay Link with Geotargetting enabled for USA

Password Protected Link With A Splash Screen (Password: test)

NOTE: I haven't tested out custom domains as I have a PRO account and NOT a Business Account.

Once again, thank you @hardcore99 for upgrading my account to PRO!

REVIEW:

The UI:

As soon as you login to your dashboard, you get access to the backend which is quite simple to navigate and get things done. The process to shorten a URL is relatively easy. All you do is paste your long URL, and select an option from the dropdown. You can choose from direct, splash or frame,
NOTE: You can also click on advanced options to access more parameters and set things like custom alias, expiration date, add a password and set a description for yourself so you know exactly what those links are for.

For this test I set the following with the alias being test1direct and password test

You can check it out here:
https://scur.link/test1direct
The password is test

1600714039692.png

1600714445774.png

As you can see here, my link is created and visible on the dashboard along with some insights regarding number of clicks etc.

A big bonus with this URL Shortener service is that it offers a wide range of features. If I click on edit, I can set a whole bunch of parameters which you can see in the image below:
1600714590283.png

Me being a new user, will never really use all of these features mostly because I don't even know what they are for and how to go about using them. Thankfully, some pages do have some short blurb on the right explaining what they are for but I still feel that it's insufficient.

Overview:
Scur.link has a ton of features including the ability to create a custom splash screen, Creating such a screen is quite simple provided your images are within the required dimensions.

Another great feature is the geotargeting feature which allows you to create links for different countries etc. This feature was tested and does work perfect!

One downside of the features offered is that some features will not work properly on some browsers. For example, I have selected to display an overlay on my shortened URL and on FireFox I see the following:
1600716892268.png

This isn't scur.link's fault but I'd assume this may be a deterrent for some end users if their browser shows something like this. Furthermore, when you use chrome, the link won't open at all:
1600717119392.png

This is probably because babiato has some protection or something in place that prevents these things from working.

When I did try on another site, it seemed to work however, my custom overlay did not show up at all:

1600717514651.png

Not all features available on this site is documented and that makes it a bit difficult to understand what everything means/is for. One such feature is bundles. I have no clue what this is and there's no way of knowing. It would be nice to have some guide or F.A.Q or Documentation available for every feature available on the site.
1600717787740.png

I would like to see Scur.Link provide documentation for their features. Features without documentation are as good as no features in my opinion. If the user doesn't know the capability of the features available, they can never fully utilize the service to it's full potential.

Insights:
Scur.Link does give you a lot of insights directly from the panel so you can see how users are reaching you (windows version etc) as well as the country they are in.

OVERALL:
It's a decent tool which does work however, some features do not work 100% due to limitations that are out of Scur.Link's control. The pricing isn't super expensive consider bit.ly charges $300/month for their service. It would be nice to have the custom domain feature available on the cheaper plans so that some users can at least use their parked domains for something useful.

Sample Links:
Overlay Link with Geotargetting enabled for USA

Password Protected Link With A Splash Screen (Password: test)

NOTE: I haven't tested out custom domains as I have a PRO account and NOT a Business Account.

Once again, thank you @hardcore99 for upgrading my account to PRO!
Omg, you re awesome dude. I ll upgrade your account to Business for life time, it s time to show some love <3.

Omg, you re awesome dude. I ll upgrade your account to Business for life time, it s time to show some love <3.
Wow 😍 Thanks awesome! I'm really glad that you like my review. I'm excited to test out the business account and do a write up on the features that one offers.

I hope my review helped you guys get an idea of the service from the users perspective. In my opinion, just some documentation to understand some options and minor touch ups will make this service excellent! Really liked the features it offers and the geotargetting worked perfect as I expected.

Thank you so much for offering me the Pro account to make this review possible and now the Business account. I will update my review accordingly once I have tested out the business account extensively :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock