• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Shifting my wordpress site from hostgator to siteground dies that help to increase My site speed

rareout

Aug 16, 2019
I recently get to know about siteground hosting provider . I want to shift my wordpress site rareout.com to siteground and going to buy 2 year plan . Do check my Site speed and let me know that shifting mysote help to increase the speed ..

i alsoneed help of someone who can help to migrate my whole website without any problem ..

@zoulhan do you know anything bout SEO rank math and how to set it up? I don't have gotdamn clue of what im doing.

Hi the easiest way to move your site is with the plugin updrafts pro you will fine it on here . Do a full backup to a remote storage like drop box or google drive . Then point your domain to your new hosting name servers. setup your new hosting with a clean WordPress.
install the updrafts plugin sign into the same account that you backed up your site with and press restore all done.

If you wanted to use another domain just to test the site with the new hosting save wait 24 hours for it to get changed over the plugin will update the database with your new url at the end of the restore and your all done . Takes no more then 10mins.

this way you can have both hosting running the same site with different urls and see which gives you the best speed. It’s very very easy no more then 10/15 mins top

@Jg_selisa I am not an expert in SEO. but I'm experienced with that.

you can follow this article to setup https://rankmath.com/kb/how-to-setup/

But, you don't need to care about rankmath settings.

What you need is in every post, go to rankmath fields. Fill the title, permalink and description properly. Because that's what will affect SEO.

• Love
Reactions: rareout
i alsoneed help of someone who can help to migrate my whole website without any problem

I can help you although your website might be heavy with the look of it.

Would help you for a fee. PM me if you need my service.

This is a long journey.

We already have All in One WP migration add-ons in Babiato.

All he needs is the unlimited extension and then he can export the entire site, including the database without losing anything.

Do you prefer All in One WP over updrafts plugin I know they both work pretty must the same. With all in one sometimes you need to edit files to be able to backup or restore large sites unlike updrafts

Do you prefer All in One WP over updrafts plugin I know they both work pretty must the same. With all in one sometimes you need to edit files to be able to backup or restore large sites unlike updrafts

i have used all in one for a website of 4GB. Haven't used updraft before. Although I have used all in one a lot of times and also I'm quite good with moving websites manually also.

I think I'd try updraft in my upcoming project now.

Reactions: ukgamer
i have used all in one for a website of 4GB. Haven't used updraft before. Although I have used all in one a lot of times and also I'm quite good with moving websites manually also.

I think I'd try updraft in my upcoming project now.

It’s a great plugin and very easy to use. Plus you can schedule backups to be send to your remote storage on a daily or weekly basic what every works best for you

I think it’s better to get the backup sent to remote storage instead of downloading the file to your computer like all in one does . Just a bit safer

• Love
You did not write anything about what 2 year plan are you getting?
GrowBig and GoGeek plans have site migration included.

It's pretty easy to deal with transferring of WordPress, quickest way by far is to compress whole site as zip by using file manager in cp and download, another way, thus much slower is good old ftp transfer.

Take backup of DB in PHPMyAdmin and you are good to go.

Upload zip file to new host and extract it by using file manager and delete zip file.

Create DB on new host and go to PHPMyAdmin and import your DB backup.

Update info in your wp-config.php file accordingly to your new DB name and password.

Update DNS servers with servers provided from your new host and you are all sett, just wait for DNS servers to propagate.

P.S. your .htaccess file will not be compressed and added to your ZIP file, .htaccess must be transferred separately.

• Love
Nothing quicke
You did not write anything about what 2 year plan are you getting?
GrowBig and GoGeek plans have site migration included.

It's pretty easy to deal with transferring of WordPress, quickest way by far is to compress whole site as zip by using file manager in cp and download, another way, thus much slower is good old ftp transfer.

Take backup of DB in PHPMyAdmin and you are good to go.

Upload zip file to new host and extract it by using file manager and delete zip file.

Create DB on new host and go to PHPMyAdmin and import your DB backup.

Update info in your wp-config.php file accordingly to your new DB name and password.

Update DNS servers with servers provided from your new host and you are all sett, just wait for DNS servers to propagate.

P.S. your .htaccess file will not be compressed and added to your ZIP file, .htaccess must be transferred separately.

Why go though all that when you can just install 1 plugin that does it all for you

Because you will very often end up with errors with nearly all plugins that claim they are flow lees in transferring sites.

PHP timeouts, server to server lost connections and those kind of stuff happens easy and often in such processes.

I know that it seams as long and time consuming proccess when you read what I wrote but do measure time spent when you compare manual and plugin transfer, you might be surprised how quick you can do that without involving any plugins.

Manual transfer is quick and safe and not complicated at all :)

Reactions: o..
Because you will very often end up with errors with nearly all plugins that claim they are flow lees in transferring sites.

PHP timeouts, server to server lost connections and those kind of stuff happens easy and often in such processes.

I know that it seams as long and time consuming proccess when you read what I wrote but do measure time spent when you compare manual and plugin transfer, you might be surprised how quick you can do that without involving any plugins.

Manual transfer is quick and safe and not complicated at all :)

Ive never been timed out or had any errors . Takes no more then 10mins with updrafts have you tried it

I have believe me :)

Just last week it happened again with transferring site to SiteGround for one of my clients, and that with using Sitegrounds official plugin for migration.

Installed plugin and started transfer, all seamed ok so I waited and waited and after 30 minutes i decided to abort and take a look in log just to see that php timed out.

Switched over to manual solution and got it done in 15min without worrying if I would get it done on first try.

I'm not saying plugin solution is bad, but I will never use it again and risk errors when doing it without plugin is foolproof solution.

• Love
Reactions: appscom and rareout
I have believe me :)

Just last week it happened again with transferring site to SiteGround for one of my clients, and that with using Sitegrounds official plugin for migration.

Installed plugin and started transfer, all seamed ok so I waited and waited and after 30 minutes i decided to abort and take a look in log just to see that php timed out.

Switched over to manual solution and got it done in 15min without worrying if I would get it done on first try.

I'm not saying plugin solution is bad, but I will never use it again and risk errors when doing it without plugin is foolproof solution.

Yes only a few plugin work i wouldnt trust sitegrounds official plugin as well, Have you tried Updrafts pro at all i find it the best

I have not tried Updraft lately, ditched it for couple years ago as it was giving me a headache, it may be that it has been better with time as you state.

I'm at the point now that I don't see any reason for using any plugin when doing it without is as just simple and quick as with plugin, only that I don't need to spend extra time on doing it again those times errors come up, if I get error in 1 of 10 times I transfer sites it's in my head 1 time too much and wasted time :)

Anyhow, there is no wright or wrong way of doing it, if plugin is your preferred solution so just keep using it, I was just offering another solution that is quick and safe and that I'm happy with :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock