• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Starting a ebook selling site, need your assistance

May 5, 2022
Dear All,
I am going to start an ebook-selling WordPress site. I have a domain, a vps and a few premium PDFs, collected from different sources. All the PDFs are copyrighted (not to me) and are available on Amazon. What I want is to host the PDF files on Mega, GDrive, or other cloud drives. I will make a downloadable product in WooCommerce with a Mega/GDrive, or other cloud-drive link. Now I need your advice and guidance on which cloud drive I should put the files on so that they do not get blacklisted. Also, I will be grateful if you guys share your secret formula ;) for a successful ebook business.
Regards to all.

Well you already mention copyright so you definitely need offshore hosting also another type off payment, stripe or paypal will be useless.

Regarding to your question mega will be the best bet but once get reported links they will be remove.

Well you already mention copyright so you definitely need offshore hosting also another type off payment, stripe or paypal will be useless.

Regarding to your question mega will be the best bet but once get reported links they will be remove.
Thanks @tuton012 . I presently have a Contabo VPS that has a Germany datacenter. Regarding payments, can you explain a bit why they will be useless? My primary market will be India. Any idea which payment will do well here?

Reactions: yuzyaz
Thanks @tuton012 . I presently have a Contabo VPS that has a Germany datacenter. Regarding payments, can you explain a bit why they will be useless? My primary market will be India. Any idea which payment will do well here?
You already started wrong Contabo is not DCMA ignore hosting regarding to payment once paypal or stripe know that your selling copyrighted items your account will be closed.

In the world of digits and zero everyday is an opportunity to learn something new. I should thank @tuton012 for the term DMCA Ignored VPS. It was something new for me. Requesting everyone to suggest a DMCA ignored VPS provider. Should not be too premium ...

I understand that you're planning to start an ebook-selling WordPress site and are seeking advice on hosting the PDF files on a cloud drive without the risk of blacklisting. I'll provide some guidance and suggestions for your situation. However, it's important to note that I cannot condone or support any illegal activities, such as distributing copyrighted material without proper authorization. Please ensure that you have the necessary rights and permissions to sell the ebooks you plan to offer.

1. Legal Considerations: Make sure you have the legal right to sell the ebooks you plan to offer. Obtain proper licenses or permissions from the copyright holders or authors to avoid any legal issues.
  2. Cloud Drive Selection: When selecting a cloud drive to host your PDF files, consider the following factors:
    a. Terms of Service: Review the terms and conditions of each cloud drive provider to ensure that hosting and sharing copyrighted materials is allowed. Some cloud drives have strict policies against copyright infringement and may suspend or terminate your account if they detect such activity.
    b. Privacy and Security: Choose a cloud drive provider that offers strong privacy and security features to protect your files and your customers' data. Look for features like end-to-end encryption and multi-factor authentication.
    c. Bandwidth and Storage: Consider the storage and bandwidth limitations provided by the cloud drive service. Ensure that they can handle the size and number of files you plan to host, as well as the expected traffic to your website.
  3. WooCommerce Integration: Since you mentioned using WooCommerce to sell the ebooks, ensure that the cloud drive you select offers easy integration with WooCommerce. Look for plugins or extensions that can help streamline the process of creating downloadable products with cloud drive links.
  4. Marketing and Promotion: To create a successful ebook business, it's crucial to focus on marketing and promotion. Consider the following strategies:
    a. Targeted Audience: Identify your target audience and tailor your marketing efforts to reach them effectively. Understand their preferences, interests, and where they are most likely to find and purchase ebooks.
    b. SEO and Content Marketing: Optimize your website for search engines by utilizing search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. Create valuable content related to your ebooks, such as blog posts or articles, to attract organic traffic and establish yourself as an authority in the niche.
    c. Social Media and Email Marketing: Utilize social media platforms and email marketing campaigns to engage with your audience, build a following, and promote your ebooks. Offer exclusive discounts, free samples, or other incentives to attract and retain customers.
    d. Reviews and Testimonials: Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews and testimonials for your ebooks. Positive reviews can enhance your credibility and attract more potential buyers.

I understand that you're planning to start an ebook-selling WordPress site and are seeking advice on hosting the PDF files on a cloud drive without the risk of blacklisting. I'll provide some guidance and suggestions for your situation. However, it's important to note that I cannot condone or support any illegal activities, such as distributing copyrighted material without proper authorization. Please ensure that you have the necessary rights and permissions to sell the ebooks you plan to offer.

1. Legal Considerations: Make sure you have the legal right to sell the ebooks you plan to offer. Obtain proper licenses or permissions from the copyright holders or authors to avoid any legal issues.
  2. Cloud Drive Selection: When selecting a cloud drive to host your PDF files, consider the following factors:
    a. Terms of Service: Review the terms and conditions of each cloud drive provider to ensure that hosting and sharing copyrighted materials is allowed. Some cloud drives have strict policies against copyright infringement and may suspend or terminate your account if they detect such activity.
    b. Privacy and Security: Choose a cloud drive provider that offers strong privacy and security features to protect your files and your customers' data. Look for features like end-to-end encryption and multi-factor authentication.
    c. Bandwidth and Storage: Consider the storage and bandwidth limitations provided by the cloud drive service. Ensure that they can handle the size and number of files you plan to host, as well as the expected traffic to your website.
  3. WooCommerce Integration: Since you mentioned using WooCommerce to sell the ebooks, ensure that the cloud drive you select offers easy integration with WooCommerce. Look for plugins or extensions that can help streamline the process of creating downloadable products with cloud drive links.
  4. Marketing and Promotion: To create a successful ebook business, it's crucial to focus on marketing and promotion. Consider the following strategies:
    a. Targeted Audience: Identify your target audience and tailor your marketing efforts to reach them effectively. Understand their preferences, interests, and where they are most likely to find and purchase ebooks.
    b. SEO and Content Marketing: Optimize your website for search engines by utilizing search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. Create valuable content related to your ebooks, such as blog posts or articles, to attract organic traffic and establish yourself as an authority in the niche.
    c. Social Media and Email Marketing: Utilize social media platforms and email marketing campaigns to engage with your audience, build a following, and promote your ebooks. Offer exclusive discounts, free samples, or other incentives to attract and retain customers.
    d. Reviews and Testimonials: Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews and testimonials for your ebooks. Positive reviews can enhance your credibility and attract more potential buyers.
Thanks.

I have taken the first step. Followed @tuton012 's suggestion. Going for AlexHost's DMCA-ignored VPS. @alexhost will need your guidance later. AlexHost has a significantly lower price per GB. INR 19.15 for Alexhost and INR 31 for Qloudhost. I will update you all regarding the service provided by Alexhost as I go through my journey.:):)

Hey, not really my business, but given the new Ai capabilities and so many free and cool tools out ther have you considered paraphrasing the content just a bit and then selling them without any worries ?

Hey, not really my business, but given the new Ai capabilities and so many free and cool tools out ther have you considered paraphrasing the content just a bit and then selling them without any worries ?
Awesome suggestion @unusual_research . I will certainly do that. Selling copyrighted books on a platform like WordPress seems easy. But there are many facets, and it is certainly not easy to make it full proof. Tnaks to @tuton012 I came to know about DMCA ignored hosting. Now I need to know about other forms of payment that I can implement... Any idea?

I am creating e-books to sell in Brazil. I also build websites and understand paid traffic. I am looking for a partner to venture into the global market because with Chat GPT we can translate the content into any language and reach new audiences. I already have registrations on platforms in Brazil, an established company, and a ready-to-sell e-book that I created myself. If you also want to venture into this area, send me a message and let's start making profits!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackx0rz
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock