• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Stupid question about legality when using plugins and themes :)

airballoon

Oct 16, 2020
Hello guys! I registered to this website yesterday, and i'm very shocked that there is soooo MANY plugins and themes i had no idea existed :O
I've been browsing like a mad man in this forum, and it feels like i want every plugin and theme xD

But i have a small question that many of you might think it will sound very stupid.

But let say for instance that we download a theme from this website, to make it better i'm just going to pick the latest theme @Babak updated, which is this one:

Now since this is a nulled version of that theme, is it "legal" for us to use it and then publish it even though we haven't officially bought it? Or do we need to buy it in order to publish it when selling a website? :)

The same question goes with Builders such as DIVI Builder. @TassieNZ was kind enough to upload the latest version for me yesterday and it has been working great.
But even though i haven't bought it, is it okay/"legal" for me to use it to build a website and later sell it, when i used DIVI? :)

Wordpress is under GPL that means freedom.

All wordpress related plugins and themes must be based on Wordpress's license system which was GPL

So any wordpress themes , or plugins paid or free which uses wordpress code base have GPL license,

in that case its legal.

There are diffrence bitween cracked and nulled.

Cracked means that any licensed software used by without paid or permission.

Nulled means there is no license key

At the end;

Nulled is legal

Cracked is illegal

Everything under the "GPL" license is legal to use and edit on your own. Most of the Themes, Plugins, Scripts, Templates you see in Babiato is under the "GNU General Public License".

I would suggest you learn about the term from here: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html

When I say everything I mean 99% of things in Babiato's repository. Though there might be some scripts or plugins that are not under the license it's still here because people want those. If you are so serious about knowing whether a plugin is under a GPL or not you might spend some time of yours to learn that from the author website.

Wordpress is under GPL that means freedom.

All wordpress related plugins and themes must be based on Wordpress's license system which was GPL

So any wordpress themes , or plugins paid or free which uses wordpress code base have GPL license,

in that case its legal.

There are diffrence bitween cracked and nulled.

Cracked means that any licensed software used by without paid or permission.

Nulled means there is no license key

At the end;

Nulled is legal

Cracked is illegal

Ahhh i've seen that almost every theme (if not all of them) here is Nulled. So that means i can use them without having to worry? :D

What about DIVI builder? I have installed DIVI in my Wordpress. Is that also good to go?

Everything under the "GPL" license is legal to use and edit on your own. Most of the Themes, Plugins, Scripts, Templates you see in Babiato is under the "GNU General Public License".

I would suggest you learn about the term from here: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html

When I say everything I mean 99% of things in Babiato's repository. Though there might be some scripts or plugins that are not under the license it's still here because people want those. If you are so serious about knowing whether a plugin is under a GPL or not you might spend some time of yours to learn that from the author website.

Sweet thank you! :D
I've so far downloaded 4 themes just to try and found a Licensing folder with GPL inside it.
Does that means we have absolute "freedom" when download stuff from Babiato? :D

Does that also apply for downloading DIVI builder in this website? :)

I've so far downloaded 4 themes just to try and found a Licensing folder with GPL inside it.

I would say you are good to go with anything related to WordPress. 99% of the time...

Reactions: Babak
Ahhh i've seen that almost every theme (if not all of them) here is Nulled. So that means i can use them without having to worry? :D

What about DIVI builder? I have installed DIVI in my Wordpress. Is that also good to go?

You'll be fine with DIVI but you won't be able to use the templates or get automatic updates without a licence key.

I would say you are good to go with anything related to WordPress. 99% of the time...
Thank you very much! :D
Just one LAST question😆

I've seen many different themes that is either Nulled or Nulled free.
According to the post @starliner did above, Nulled is legal to use and sell etc.
What about the one that is Nulled free? Is that also legal? :O

You'll be fine with DIVI but you won't be able to use the templates or get automatic updates without a licence key.

Thank you very much! Hahaha i know, but i hav already recieved a license key. But since there is many different themes in this website, i'm going to use one of them instead :)

Thank you very much! :D
Just one LAST question😆

I've seen many different themes that is either Nulled or Nulled free.
According to the post @starliner did above, Nulled is legal to use and sell etc.
What about the one that is Nulled free? Is that also legal? :O

Thank you very much! Hahaha i know, but i hav already recieved a license key. But since there is many different themes in this website, i'm going to use one of them instead :)
Nulled free is just how we title some stuff for SEO purposes for the forum.

Its okay to use nulled as long as the scripts are not injected with some malware. Trust me, my website got recently taken own by someone in Google Search Webmaster. So always check your sources.
This is the only one forum i could get and feel like part of family unlike other forums and sites :) thankyou admins. Will donate sooner

Reactions: mudasir
Sorry for bringing this up again, but does the Nulled legal thing also apply to Elementor Pro? :)

As for your question..

1603245415046.png

My advice:
If you're using nulled themes or plugins for WP, I suggest install security plugins (Wordfence/Sucuri) for safety purposes.
Try to make a backup of your site once per week in case something goes wrong.

You can always ask here anything regarding WP, welcome to Babiato!

Reactions: Orwa
In addition to what others already said.... it's a good pointer when the cost is for service rather than the plugin itself. GPL does not cover services (i.e. image manipulation, CDN etc)

Hi, I know that this has been discussed/explained thoroughly a year ago and I would only like to ask what is the difference of GPL2 license from a GPL3? Is it okay to use nulled versions of GPL2 Wordpress plugins and themes or there are some limits and restrictions?

Another interesting thing to note with GPL and wordpress is, even though the code is covered under GPL, logos or images and brand names are not.
Images, logo, brand names go under trademark, so unless you decide to use those as well (theme/plugin) you are good to go.

One more thing is since GPL plugins are not supported by developer, you need to upgrade them manually.
Can feel a task at first, but later you get used to it.

Hi, I know that this has been discussed/explained thoroughly a year ago and I would only like to ask what is the difference of GPL2 license from a GPL3? Is it okay to use nulled versions of GPL2 Wordpress plugins and themes or there are some limits and restrictions?
In layman terms, yes.
GPL3 is basically a more readable version from GPL2 with a lot of jargon changed.
There are difference in both license for almost all practical purpose there is no difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock