• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Trouble installing local wp on macbook

izzarot

Dec 19, 2022
I installed xampp to it, created a fresh wp installation and during any modification in wp a window pops up saying:

To perform the selected action WordPress needs access to your web server. Please enter your FTP connection details to continue. If you do not remember your connection details, please contact your server administrator.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, this is a local installation on xampp and I don't really know where I can find the data for the FTP server or how to modify the files. I've been using macbook for a short time and everything is new to me with windows I've never had such problems.

I will be grateful for help on this topic!

Use Local instead of using xampp on Mac.

did you try this?

At least for macbook (os high sierra) go to terminal and type or copy and paste:

Code:
cd ~/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/volumes/root/htdocs

Reactions: izzarot
Also, have a look at the finder sidebar

1672842983906.png

Thanks for this solution! I've never heard of it. Can you explain to me what's going on with this code and finder bar?

Can you start the Xampp server and check again?

Okay,

1672846926574.png

mount the vol if not mount yet.
> Explore

you will find a htdocs folder on it > open that folder and you will see the files.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock