• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Wordpress help. Messed up my site.

playerone

May 13, 2020
I was trying to optimize my site for speed using WP Rocket, perfmatters, autoptimize and somehow it's all messed up now on the backend admin panel. It cannot load javascripts.
I tried to disable/delete all the cache scripts and didn't work.

Example: White trying to debug with the dev console in Firefox I get a 403 on
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://www.example.com/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react.min.js?ver=16.9.0”.

But if I hit the link without the query string https://www.example.com/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react.min.js from the browser. It load fine.
Perhaps some stupid things I did. Still a noob with Wordpress. The Web server is openlitespeed.

Thank you in advance for any insights into the problem.

1) is it a live site?
2) you could start by disabling the plugins

Yes, it's a live site. I've disable every caching stuff. Only basic plugins like gutenberg, elementors, etc. left. Those are working fine before I played with the caching/minify/css optimzing stuff.

Perhaps somehow the jquery basic script failed to load and messed up the rest of the script loading after it ?

If you are looking for professional help, I can fix it for you.
You can contact me on technical issues.

If you are looking for professional help, I can fix it for you.
You can contact me on technical issues.

Thank you for the offer, just trying to debug right now. Can't afford professional service at the moment. If I get stuck much longer, I may look into it.

Yes, it's a live site. I've disable every caching stuff. Only basic plugins like gutenberg, elementors, etc. left. Those are working fine before I played with the caching/minify/css optimzing stuff.

Perhaps somehow the jquery basic script failed to load and messed up the rest of the script loading after it ?
check the htaccess file probably it has been changed. Replace origianl file.
Also check wp-content/uploads folder if there any folder relavant these plugins clean them.

check the htaccess file probably it has been changed. Replace origianl file.
Also check wp-content/uploads folder if there any folder relavant these plugins clean them.

- I cleaned the .htacces file with nothing left than the basic WP rewrite.
- Checked the uploads folder and didn't see anything related.

Also restarted the Web server to see if it can clear anything.

Do you have a backup?

Get one of those auto backup plugin or service. Some enable you to store backups externally in GDrive and restore sites with one click.

Also, I don't understand why you used all three plugins at the same time. Make it a habit to do all testing in a staging server before pushing it to the live server. A plugin like WP-Staging can help.

Understand one-click optimization plugin is really a blind way of going with optimization. First assess what requires optimization and then target those assets. I think you would be better with Cloudflare if you are new to the WP thing.

Good Luck!
Yes, I did a database backup this morning, reloaded it, didn't work. Didn't backup the directory. So it may have something to do with it.

Didn't have a staging env, this is just a personal blog that I update with my free time during the Corona shutdown.

Already have Cloudflare, just working on the backend to optimize the site, since it takes 6s-7s to load, I was able to get it down to 3s when it broke. Uninstalled all the cache plugins, but maybe it left something in the dir that broke the loading of the JS.

Yes, I did a database backup this morning, reloaded it, didn't work. Didn't backup the directory. So it may have something to do with it.

Didn't have a staging env, this is just a personal blog that I update with my free time during the Corona shutdown.

Already have Cloudflare, just working on the backend to optimize the site, since it takes 6s-7s to load, I was able to get it down to 3s when it broke. Uninstalled all the cache plugins, but maybe it left something in the dir that broke the loading of the JS.

If you can give ftp access, I can probably have a look at it. Also, do you have a separate database backup?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock