• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Wordpress LMS - questions

slvrsteele

Mr. G(rumpy)
Staff member
Null Master
Babiato Lover
Trusted Uploader
Nov 5, 2019
CDN
There are a lot of Wordpress LMS themes and plugins.

1. From your own experience please state which one you consider the best and why. Including pro and cons if experienced.

2. Scenario: we have teachers and students. Teachers are holding online webinar style courses only and students subscribe (for free, no payments involved) to them (every teacher know his own students so students can't subscribe to a course they don't belong). Teachers have to be able to create meetings at a specific date and time and students join to these meetings (being announced, or not, with some time before the meeting start). What would be your suggestion regarding this scenario?

Thank you

Reactions: jackdas
There are a lot of Wordpress LMS themes and plugins.

1. From your own experience please state which one you consider the best and why. Including pro and cons if experienced.

2. Scenario: we have teachers and students. Teachers are holding online webinar style courses only and students subscribe (for free, no payments involved) to them (every teacher know his own students so students can't subscribe to a course they don't belong). Teachers have to be able to create meetings at a specific date and time and students join to these meetings (being announced, or not, with some time before the meeting start). What would be your suggestion regarding this scenario?

Thank you
did u test this theme ?

Reactions: sponville

I tested almost all themes and plugins and most of them are just copies from one to another (functionality based).

Until now easiest to work with was Tutor LMS Pro Plugin combined with Edumax Theme.

The most complete was WPLMS Theme by Vibe Themes.

Either way, regarding scenario and adding a live meeting on a course, changes have to be made on any theme or plugin.

Didn't know about this theme. I'll test it tonight.

LearnDash seems more complete & with options of customization.
About LearnDash it seemed a little bit heavier than WPLMS for non-tech instructors regarding course creation and when it came to adapt a live system to it I got stuck in taxonomies, had to manually add some and actually rewrite a good portion of code to achieve my goal (didn't finish tho - too lazy).

interesting, so you more to claassrom management instead a courses isn't it ?

Indeed, I'm trying to achieve (in a very short time - deadline by the end of next week) a multi-classroom management with quizzes, assignments, live feed, real time whiteboard, real-time chat inside classes only, file share, 1on1 live courses on request, and a few more that doesn't come to my mind right now.
All this is a free project I'm doing for my kid's class & school so they can catch up with education program that was stopped by the worldwide covid pandemic.

Indeed, I'm trying to achieve (in a very short time - deadline by the end of next week) a multi-classroom management with quizzes, assignments, live feed, real time whiteboard, real-time chat inside classes only, file share, 1on1 live courses on request, and a few more that doesn't come to my mind right now.
All this is a free project I'm doing for my kid's class & school so they can catch up with education program that was stopped by the worldwide covid pandemic.
did you try special for school cms like ekattor ? not wp.. but close enough and easy to find programmer... for class room chat maybe not there also live feed for video call, whiteboard.. using another apps like zoom.. skypee etc...

Didn't know about this theme. I'll test it tonight.

About LearnDash it seemed a little bit heavier than WPLMS for non-tech instructors regarding course creation and when it came to adapt a live system to it I got stuck in taxonomies, had to manually add some and actually rewrite a good portion of code to achieve my goal (didn't finish tho - too lazy).

How about Google classroom ? Given the time line.

Hope to learn from others and you on the actual implementation of learndash.

Also, on the taxonomy, this may help.

did you try special for school cms like ekattor ? not wp.. but close enough and easy to find programmer... for class room chat maybe not there also live feed for video call, whiteboard.. using another apps like zoom.. skypee etc...

I'm trying to stay away from framework apps for now due to huge load of coding necessary to achieve my goals.
By far WordPress is the easiest CMS to be customized due to high availability of plugins for everything. And instead of coding view<->route<->modal-template scripts you just go with hooks and with several lines of coding you achieve equivalent of 3 scripts for laravel for example.

How about Google classroom ? Given the time line.

Google classroom is kind of ok as far as I have seen but it have several cons:
- not free unless you register as a school (and most schools doesn't have their own domains required for that)
- heavy menus
- hard to be learned by non-tech teachers (had to explain same things over and over again during several days to one teacher and still didn't get it)
- you get easily lost in activities

Also, on the taxonomy, this may help.

For learndash taxonomies probably, but when you try to add external 3rd party plugins to be controlled from learndash frontend dashboard it is a little of living hell.

I'm trying to stay away from framework apps for now due to huge load of coding necessary to achieve my goals.
By far WordPress is the easiest CMS to be customized due to high availability of plugins for everything. And instead of coding view<->route<->modal-template scripts you just go with hooks and with several lines of coding you achieve equivalent of 3 scripts for laravel for example.

- not free unless you register as a school (and most schools doesn't have their own domains required for that)
- heavy menus
- hard to be learned by non-tech teachers (had to explain same things over and over again during several days to one teacher and still didn't get it)

For learndash taxonomies probably, but when you try to add external 3rd party plugins to be controlled from learndash frontend dashboard it is a little of living hell.
I can relate! You have a humongous task cut out for you. Hope you work it out. Would like to follow up on this journey with you.

I can relate! You have a humongous task cut out for you. Hope you work it out. Would like to follow up on this journey with you.

- heavy menus

Hi, you can check this page Zoom integrated in WPLMS : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/vibe-zoom-integration/

I use Talemy and Learndash.

Talemy is way better than any learndash theme out there.

Although it has ups and downs in terms of bugs but it's new and it'll get even better.

Hi, you can check this page Zoom integrated in WPLMS : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/vibe-zoom-integration/

I ended up with WPLMS from Vibe Themes and BBB on private servers. As long as you cannot trust students not to share webinar links outside site BBB private integration is better as you can control conditions of joining to webinars.

I use Talemy and Learndash.

Talemy is way better than any learndash theme out there.

Although it has ups and downs in terms of bugs but it's new and it'll get even better.

I'll try this solution to see how it works. Thank you.

I'm staying clear of Zoom. I prefer Big Blue Button . Gonna take a look at Talemy.

I tested almost all themes and plugins and most of them are just copies from one to another (functionality based).

Until now easiest to work with was Tutor LMS Pro Plugin combined with Edumax Theme.

The most complete was WPLMS Theme by Vibe Themes.

Either way, regarding scenario and adding a live meeting on a course, changes have to be made on any theme or plugin.
edumax theme

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock