• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Anyone struggle with website downtime on Arvixe?

swizard

Oct 27, 2019
I have a couple sites hosted on Arvixe and most are fine, but one of them constantly gives me site down and back up notifications. Anyone else face this and if so, any recommended solutions Thanks!

I've been with them for >5 years, and they have been generally good, except for this one site of mine. I talked to customer service but they couldn't flag why there was down time. Do you think it's worth asking them to shift me to a different server on their end? Is this something that hosts/providers often accommodate?
Link: https://www.arvixe.com/

What other affordable hosts would you recommend?

Thanks, all--didn't realize there were so many better options. I'll look into some of these once I figure out how to get out of my current contract.

I have a couple sites hosted on Arvixe and most are fine, but one of them constantly gives me site down and back up notifications. Anyone else face this and if so, any recommended solutions Thanks!

Arvixe was acquired by EIG about half a decade ago. Since then, they've been under the same company who owns Bluehost, HostGator, etc. which are notorious for bad service.

bro, you should try bluehost or hostinger

This is bad advice. Please don't spew out horrible recommendations just for the sake of. Disclaimer, I run a hosting business, but if I ever had to point a friend to another provider, I would never ever recommend the two hosts above.

Arvixe was acquired by EIG about half a decade ago. Since then, they've been under the same company who owns Bluehost, HostGator, etc. which are notorious for bad service.

This is bad advice. Please don't spew out horrible recommendations just for the sake of. Disclaimer, I run a hosting business, but if I ever had to point a friend to another provider, I would never ever recommend the two hosts above.
I have already tried Bluehost and Hostinger, For my friends and me. And I want to say that, your way of telling about your hosting site is a bad marketing move. I checked your and Bluehost's pricing with features, and guess what, Bluehost WON.

Reactions: Saint Gabriel
I have already tried Bluehost and Hostinger, For my friends and me. And I want to say that, your way of telling about your hosting site is a bad marketing move. I checked your and Bluehost's pricing with features, and guess what, Bluehost WON.

I am not trying to market anything in this thread. I am saying for a fact that those two providers are bad suggestions. Perhaps you are hosting very lightweight / static sites that's why you aren't experiencing the slowness.

For many years now I have managed many sites for clients, and all that were on BlueHost/HG/etc. were slow as hell. Even a simple WP site with only a couple of plugins was slow. The moment we moved them to another server (and not necessarily my server, not trying to sell anything here), things improved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock