• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How do I trace or block a person copying all my new wp posts with https://www.google.com serving as his referer whenever he visits?

glier5

May 6, 2022
A guy always copy my new wordpress posts and each time I check details of his log the referer is always https://www.google.com/
On most cases, he is always the first person to visit my post whenever I publish a new post... I don't understand what he uses or how he gets the notification each time I publish a new post...
I've blocked all my feeds,.xml,.rss,sitemap extensions using Cloudflare... Only Google crawlers have access to those things...
Moreover, I can't blocked his IP because it's not a dedicated or personal IP... The IP is for a local Network service provider in our country which means it can be changed and I will also be blocking other visitors using that network provider.

Here is the deal, if I block access to the Google crawlers, he can't get the new posts and my posts won't be found on Google... I've tried it... It's like there is something that notifies him each time my posts get to Google search... I thought it was Google Podcast which automatically grabs posts with audio files but it wasn't because I already blocked it with rss function in my child theme..

Please who has idea on how this is done? Or if their is any other Google service that outputs all wordpress posts automatically apart from Google search, Google News publisher and Google Podcast? Please help what can I do? Any solution will be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-06-17-15-26-155_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-06-17-15-26-155_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 46
Is he posting your content somewhere else or he just visits? Could be some sort of iframe.

Is he posting your content somewhere else or he just visits? Could be some sort of iframe.
He visits like normal visitor and in a matter of 1 minutes, he can copy like ten new posts and republish them on his site by spinning the content... Each time I publish, he visits first to grab the content with Google.com as referer... Which makes hard for me to get traffic as he has higher DR...

I think he or she is using Autopilot publishing pluging or scraper bots

If you suspect that your online content is being stolen, there are multiple tools and techniques you can use to find out if your content is indeed being republished without your permission.

For example, you can add an extract of your content (choose something that will be unique) to Google Alerts. Google will automatically send you a notification if an identical extract is published somewhere else. The service is free.

Copyscape is another option, which has been created specifically for this purpose. Its Copysentry service automatically monitors the web for copies of your content, and sends you an email alert as soon as they appear. Other duplicate content detection services include plagiarism tools like Unicheck or Plagiarism Checker, as well as image search and recognition tools like Tineye.

Dear If your content is stolen it may harm your SEO rankings.

So if there is multiple versions on the internet of “appreciably similar” content, as Google calls it, search engines have to decide which version to rank for query results. Since they generally prefer not to list multiple versions of the same content, they must choose one. And although Google is relatively good at identifying the original source, they are not always perfect.

Last edited:
If its automated there are ways of making it harder for the scraper. Like changing your html structure, adding links back to your site...

If its automated there are ways of making it harder for the scraper. Like changing your html structure, adding links back to your site...
No it's not... He visits and copy... But what he is using that gives Google.com as referer is what I'm after because I've blocked virtually all known loopholes: sitemaps, feeds, json, xml, rest api, Google podcast

A guy always copy my new wordpress posts and each time I check details of his log the referer is always https://www.google.com/
On most cases, he is always the first person to visit my post whenever I publish a new post... I don't understand what he uses or how he gets the notification each time I publish a new post...
I've blocked all my feeds,.xml,.rss,sitemap extensions using Cloudflare... Only Google crawlers have access to those things...
Moreover, I can't blocked his IP because it's not a dedicated or personal IP... The IP is for a local Network service provider in our country which means it can be changed and I will also be blocking other visitors using that network provider.

Here is the deal, if I block access to the Google crawlers, he can't get the new posts and my posts won't be found on Google... I've tried it... It's like there is something that notifies him each time my posts get to Google search... I thought it was Google Podcast which automatically grabs posts with audio files but it wasn't because I already blocked it with rss function in my child theme..

Please who has idea on how this is done? Or if their is any other Google service that outputs all wordpress posts automatically apart from Google search, Google News publisher and Google Podcast? Please help what can I do? Any solution will be greatly appreciated... Thanks
Article theft sucks badly but it's old as the internet itself..I think at the end you can only try and limit the damage done

There's a nice article on kinsta about content scraping

I've tried the first plugin before, it causes white screen on my site... I will try the second plugin but I don't know if that will work on Mac OS because most of the plugins don't work for Safari browser reader view mode...
Thanks though...
I've used the second plugin now... Published a post and he has copied and published it on his blog already... It didn't work

What amuses me here is how I can't find the culprit bot/crawler Ip/UA on my Cloudflare and Wordfence logs...

Again, why is he always the first person that visits and copy each time I publish a post?

Even if I backdate the new post to a month before publishing... He still sees everything...
It's like he works with the Google crawlers... I'm just angry...

Just create a bunch of garbage posts which aren't related to the content of your website. Content that'll get your website devalued or delisted by Google. Then tell Google not to crawl those posts.

You'll basically be spamming his website with trash as soon as his bot autocrawls these new posts and posts it to his website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivone
What amuses me here is how I can't find the culprit bot/crawler Ip/UA on my Cloudflare and Wordfence logs...

Again, why is he always the first person that visits and copy each time I publish a post?

Even if I backdate the new post to a month before publishing... He still sees everything...
It's like he works with the Google crawlers... I'm just angry...
If your site is what's on your signature, you have mainly songs and a few sentences per post (which can easily be rewritten), both of which can easily be copied even with website content protector plugins. Are the songs yours, or are you the sole distributor? Maybe you can pursue an IP infringement? Sorry about your pain.

I think he or she is using Autopilot publishing pluging or scraper bots

If you suspect that your online content is being stolen, there are multiple tools and techniques you can use to find out if your content is indeed being republished without your permission.

For example, you can add an extract of your content (choose something that will be unique) to Google Alerts. Google will automatically send you a notification if an identical extract is published somewhere else. The service is free.

Copyscape is another option, which has been created specifically for this purpose. Its Copysentry service automatically monitors the web for copies of your content, and sends you an email alert as soon as they appear. Other duplicate content detection services include plagiarism tools like Unicheck or Plagiarism Checker, as well as image search and recognition tools like Tineye.

Dear If your content is stolen it may harm your SEO rankings.

So if there is multiple versions on the internet of “appreciably similar” content, as Google calls it, search engines have to decide which version to rank for query results. Since they generally prefer not to list multiple versions of the same content, they must choose one. And although Google is relatively good at identifying the original source, they are not always perfect.
I've always heard about the idea of 'canonical" tags. I've never used them personally, but I always hear of them in SEO circles. Aren't these canonical tags supposed to explicitly communicate the origin of articles to search engines? Is this not good enough, sometimes?

Make a cloudflare rule to a new url and challenge all. If it gets copied then he is copy pasting your stuff. So he is human no auto. You can then make another rule an block as much info you got on him so that it doesnt block everyone. Also try a small script that breaks out of iframes on a post. See if it gets copied

If your site is what's on your signature, you have mainly songs and a few sentences per post (which can easily be rewritten), both of which can easily be copied even with website content protector plugins. Are the songs yours, or are you the sole distributor? Maybe you can pursue an IP infringement? Sorry about your pain.
Thanks but I decided not to write more than 2 to 3 paragraphs again considering it's a streaming website and virtually everything is copied... But there are certain ones that I normally let it stay hidden to the competitors for a while before making it known to the site visitors and this is where the problem is... They don't stay hidden any longer because the copycat is there to pull it out on his blog... For song ownership? Their is no particular law guiding our territory for redistribution or recirculation unless its DMCA that's why.... So that's it
Just create a bunch of garbage posts which aren't related to the content of your website. Content that'll get your website devalued or delisted by Google. Then tell Google not to crawl those posts.

You'll basically be spamming his website with trash as soon as his bot autocrawls these new posts and posts it to his website.
I may give this a try if it will work because I don't think he gets the notification until my posts get to Google search... I'm suspecting Google Publisher Centre or Google News... May be he added my website there
?

Make a cloudflare rule to a new url and challenge all. If it gets copied then he is copy pasting your stuff. So he is human no auto. You can then make another rule an block as much info you got on him so that it doesnt block everyone. Also try a small script that breaks out of iframes on a post. See if it gets copied
Thanks for this superb advice... Can you please give me the iframe script on a post? I will try the CF rule to a new url and challenge all... As you said...
But what if he has added my website in Google News or Google Publisher Console? Because you can add any website there to track whatever thing they publish and click through to their website and copy the content... This is my best guess though

Disable Cloudflare for test . I had this problem and the guy used a bot to clone my website
Without CF, it was finish

It seems like a bot is scrapping your post try enabling Bot fight mode in CloudFlare that should stop it if not the enable some rules on Cloudflare to block his API

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock