• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I need help building a custom "featured products" slider with Elementor and ACF, CPT UI.

miklereverie

Aug 21, 2019
Hello everyone, I've been trying to pull this off for a couple of days with no success, so I decided to look for help here.
Basically, I'm building a website for a client who has a product catalog, but has no intention of using woocommerce or selling his products online.

I created a custom post type using CPT UI named "Products" and added the needed fields with Advanced Custom Fields (for example: Brand, a checkbox for determining if the product is featured or not, an image for the product, etc). So far, so good, here's the problem though: I'm editing the home page and I need to build a slider which ONLY displays the featured products. I thought, customizing the query filter for doing that would be easy but I couldn't find a way to, for example, tell elementor to ONLY show products which have the "Featured" checkbox I created selected.

The only elements I need to display in the slider are: Product image, product title and a "View more" text.
Another interesting fact is that, while I created a "Product image" custom field which works just fine when creating products, I don't know how to query the images from the products on the slider.

Do you guys know a way to do this? Any ideas are welcome as I'm having a really hard time pulling this one off.

Thanks in advance for your time!

if you are using elementor with ACF, it's just fully not compatible, found out after some issue research, I am pulling a group and it just doesn't recognize it.

just used Wordpress with woo commerce plugin and just activated catalog mode i know your client dont want to use woocomerce but if he's not going to sell online it wont matter

westcoastonyx.com

Elementor and woocommerce build, no pricing etc.. (Woolentor's https://wordpress.org/plugins/woolentor-addons/ a good add on too for Woo and elementor)
Same thing i believe as your client required; this client wants calls and to display items, no online transactions.
Woo is used as the data setup and display system, thats all.
Using a 'store system display' doesn't mean you have to activate a store.
Any compatible store display system would work, woo is simply easiest to work with, was in theme, etc..

Reactions: nik68
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock