• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Improving Elementor/Astra Blog Page Layout

WhiteFluffyPuppy

Babiato Lover
Sep 18, 2020
Planet Babiato
Hello, and thank you for stopping by.
Please, I need your help.
I'm working on my WordPress website using Astra + Elementor, but I don't like the Astra blog layout limited option, even with Astra Pro.

I discovered that some Elementor addons could make Blog/Archive and Single post pages look much nicer.
I'm testing out Essential-Addons and Ultimate Addons to make a better-looking Archive page, but it's like Astra has its big paws on how the Single post still looks.

I wanted a second opinion and your recommendation on what you use to make good looking blog page and post layout on your site.
Thank you.

My recommendation don't bloat your site with such plugins

Just pick Jet Engine and build the layout with your own hands.

Jet Engine is a repeater/listing plugin for Elementor. You create how it looks one element, and then you extend it to the number of elements you need in the order you need.
You can create archive pages with that.

You only need to build the archive layout with Elementor Pro Template builder and then the single element layout with the Jet Engine listing builder.

Nowadays, when I work with Elementor I only install Elementor, Elementor Pro and Jet Engine (and sometimes Jet Smart Filters). This is my setup for 100% of my sites.

Jet Engine is a repeater/listing plugin for Elementor. You create how it looks one element, and then you extend it to the number of elements you need in the order you need.

You only need to build the archive layout with Elementor Pro Template builder and then the single element layout with the Jet Engine listing builder.

Nowadays, when I work with Elementor I only install Elementor, Elementor Pro and Jet Engine (and sometimes Jet Smart Filters). This is my setup for 100% of my sites.
Thank you for your time and recommendation.

Unfortunately, I'm at the tail end of the site and built it with Astra and Elementor. I didn't know Astra bloated sites. :(

Thank you for your time and recommendation.

Unfortunately, I'm at the tail end of the site and built it with Astra and Elementor. I didn't know Astra bloated sites. :(
Astra is not the problem. Astra is just a Theme, like Hello Theme.

What bloats the site are the plugins like Ultimate Addons and Essential Addons.

What you are trying to achieve, can be done as I've explained in the previous post.

You don't need to change Astra.

• Love
Reactions: 3nails1cross
Astra is not the problem. Astra is just a Theme, like Hello Theme.

What bloats the site are the plugins like Ultimate Addons and Essential Addons.

What you are trying to achieve, can be done as I've explained in the previous post.

You don't need to change Astra.
Ah! Okay. I get it.
Hmm...Maybe I'll just stick with the bland-looking Astra Pro blog layout for now, then find time to look into how Crocoblock works. :)

Is it possible to show case any ex. of your work regarding the Jet Engine together with Elementor Pro. Blog layout posts ? A link f.ex. :)

Is it possible to show case any ex. of your work regarding the Jet Engine together with Elementor Pro. Blog layout posts ? A link f.ex. :)
Not possible, less in this forum where privacy is critical! :censored:
What issues do you have? I think this is pretty straightforward. You simply create a single item listing with Jet Engine and then you repeat it wherever you like. The design of the single item is the key here.

The theme does make a difference in page loading speeds too. Try Neve or Generatepress themes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeghawi
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock