• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[SEEKING ADVICE] Exporting and Importing 1351 WordPress posts to new website

Patton

Babiato Lover
Mar 3, 2021
Dear all,

I am currently in the process of transitioning my website to a new platform, and I am facing a challenge regarding the migration of content. Specifically, I need to export 1351 WordPress posts, including their associated images, categories, and tags, from my old site and import them into the new website seamlessly.

I've been exploring various methods to accomplish this task, but I want to ensure that the process is safe and efficient. Are there any recommended tools or methods that you could suggest for this type of migration? I want to avoid any potential data loss or complications during the transfer.

Your expertise and guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best,
Patton

First optimize your database and deactivate all plugins just for the backup to avoid any issue compressing the site, and depending on your old server specs you can try Duplicator Pro

Reactions: Patton
Just use WP ALL IMPORT PRO, I have done this already with thousands of products, no issues.

But you have to test a few time importing first to a staging site so you can figure out the right settings, because if you do it on the first try on a live site you probably going to mess up the meta data, the images, or something. Also you need to figure out the right cron settings to not overwhelm the server, so the import doesn't time out all time, how many posts imported per batch.

Reactions: Patton
Hi all,

I'm pleased to inform you that I have successfully completed the migration of 1351 WordPress posts from our old website to the new platform. Thanks to the efficient tools provided by WP All Import and WP All Export, the process went smoothly and without any hiccups.

These plugins allowed me to export our posts, including images, corresponding categories, and tags, from the old site and import them seamlessly into the new website. I'm delighted with the outcome, and I wanted to share this good news with you.

Thank you for your support!

Reactions: Tuton and pateljee
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock