• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Varient - News & Magazine Script

Varient - News & Magazine Script v2.3

No permission to download
Please help me, How to update v1.8 to v1.8.1 ???

If you already have version 1.8 installed you just need to exchange these files in their respective paths and folders ok.
Open your FTP (usually the “public_html” folder on your server) and replace these files with version 1.8.1 files:

application / models / Post_model.php
application / models / Sitemap_model.php
application / models / Rss_model.php
application / models / Upload_model.php

application / views / partials / _footer.php
application / views / admin / includes / _footer.php

application / helpers / custom_helper.php

In other words, take the files mentioned in the version you downloaded here on Babiato and paste in these folder paths and that's it!
Ready updated script. Good luck!

Hello again Friends.

I've been planning to try this Vairant News CMS/CMF for a while but had no time to deal with all the dependencies, nulling etc.

Having received another of my favourite "episodes" from Babiato, I found the latest link of the script ready to be tested. Finally, squeezed some time over a ping of beer and sat down to proceed.

Oh, what a surprise, when I uploaded the script to my local environment and I got a silly error about my purchase code error.

I started looking at it and realized that there is absolutely no need to nulling the version but ONLY TO CHANGE 1 CHARACTER in the installer for it to continue.

What I did to allow the installation was to head to the /install/ folder, find the index.php file responsible for the entire process, find the line 24:

Code:
        if ($data->code == "error") {

and modify it to:

Code:
        if (!$data->code == "error") {

For those of you who are not very much familiar (yet ;) ) with PHP, what that line does is to check if $data->code returns an error and if yes, show the error message. Having added the "!" (exclamation mark sign) in the front actually reverses the logic so the script continues due to the fact that I did not add the correct license number. If I had the script purchased, it would actually have not worked correctly with my official license ;)

I won't allow myself to re-upload modifications as I find it pointless, and I am sure I do not deserve the credits as other good people here do based on the fact that they've shared it for us.

Let's see how it goes from there, but at least I am at the next screen:

1604900967484.png

• Love
Reactions: Naxeee
If you already have version 1.8 installed you just need to exchange these files in their respective paths and folders ok.
Open your FTP (usually the “public_html” folder on your server) and replace these files with version 1.8.1 files:

application / models / Post_model.php
application / models / Sitemap_model.php
application / models / Rss_model.php
application / models / Upload_model.php

application / views / partials / _footer.php
application / views / admin / includes / _footer.php

application / helpers / custom_helper.php

In other words, take the files mentioned in the version you downloaded here on Babiato and paste in these folder paths and that's it!
Ready updated script. Good luck!
I have try that But after replac, my whole site Don't show any content. site Don't work😥

I have try that But after replac, my whole site Don't show any content. site Don't work😥

Check if you are using php7.3 and or if you have any active server-level caches, if yes, just delete your browser's cache. If the error continues, try to undo it by adding the files from the previous version in their proper places.

This error also happened to me, what I did was to replace the application folder completely but I made a backup of the config and core folders inside the application folder on my ftp and after I uploaded the original folder with the files I just replaced config and core. Please try this but make a backup of the folder first ok rename it if you need it in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: sennopratama
Sorry, my glory was short. I have to find a few more spots where the license check is verified, but at least this first step allowed me to fully install the script. Will check other versions available here and see how to make the latest version fully working (if something working was not already shared and I just missed it).

Reactions: sibigo
@tofayelamin @miudevof

It happened the same with me as soon as I've tried to update 1.8.0 nulled to 1.8.1. Initially I had to escape the update License error but then it went and completed correctly. Having replaced the files in question just caused a Blank screen of death.

As it was late in the night, I did not have time to spend further figuring out which one would cause the havoc, but might as well do this today. One strange thing I've noticed, while installing the 1.8.0 from here Nulled, my admin says it is 1.8.1 with no further interventions but just standard installation via installer. Go figure...

@omit I am afraid there are few others waiting for the same thing or looking into the things towards the null. I had some progress of surpassing the installation process, but it seems like after that I am getting a WSOD which a few others experienced using different approach. Currently, the 1.8.0 is nulled which is a good start if you have not touched yet the platform.

I am in no way (unfortunately :) ) related to the script but my vision of testing the applications is solely to check what is there new or if that could fit my needs of any project. Normally if the script is properly written, prompt and responsive support etc. I am by all means buying it. First - I know what I am paying for and second, the person/team of devs also need to have their revenue generated in order to continue their work.

Especially with Variant - the price I find is quite fair for the features provided out of the box, so I just need to find a project to attach it to now ;)

What is the solution to this problem

Attachments

• prob.jpg
    prob.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 53
Please open the update_database.php located inside the documentation folder.

Open the file with your editor of choice and find the line 71:

Replace it with:

Place the update file to your hosting as instructions says and add anything as a license. Please note that to simplify the steps, if you add an official license or just nothing, it would fail.

Let me know of the outcome and happy browsing.

Again, if you are happy with the script and see a great potential in it, let's pay the respect to the devs by paying the license so that they could continue their work, support etc ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: omit
Please open the update_database.php located inside the documentation folder.

Open the file with your editor of choice and find the line 71:

Replace it with:

Place the update file to your hosting as instructions says and add anything as a license. Please note that to simplify the steps, if you add an official license or just nothing, it would fail.

Let me know of the outcome and happy browsing.

Again, if you are happy with the script and see a great potential in it, let's pay the respect to the devs by paying the license so that they could continue their work, support etc ;)
after that, my site says, Invalid License Code!

@tofayelamin What I used was the latest nulled version and then proceeded to the update. In a case where an existing database is already present, I will need to have a look before I confirm, as I just tested it with a new setup and it worked to upgrade:

1605275090482.png

If you are trying the app for a new setup. I can export the DB and files and send over PM as not sure if it is a good idea to have links/files in the topic. Otherwise, you may just wait a bit until 1.8.1 gets nulled properly as there aren't many sensual updates to 1.8.1 (mostly bug fixes I saw).

Honestly, I am not very much pleased with the platform as it seems good for standard blog or news magazine, but I do not see some schema.org elements added, there are missing features that I need for my project (cooking recipes sharing website) etc. So I might have to sit down and start coding what I need myself.

But anyway, this is OFF-Topic so will stop on just sharing my honest opinion, thats all ;)

You can name a few such earning system themes or php script. Because I want to create a website so that users can earn money by writing articles

Check if you are using php7.3 and or if you have any active server-level caches, if yes, just delete your browser's cache. If the error continues, try to undo it by adding the files from the previous version in their proper places.

This error also happened to me, what I did was to replace the application folder completely but I made a backup of the config and core folders inside the application folder on my ftp and after I uploaded the original folder with the files I just replaced config and core. Please try this but make a backup of the folder first ok rename it if you need it in the future.

The new detect bots function on 1.8.1 version was detect your browser user agent as bots. Remove it on end line of the custom_helper.php solved this blank page problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: vscoelho28
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock