• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Any body interested in Self Hosting ! Imagine that you could host everything yourself ! Is that of interest to you all ?

Nope, no bad experience :) just wanted to have your opinions on the subject.
Imagine an easy all in one open source project that will soon come to light in order to make it easy for you all to install and do your own hosting stuff in a very short amont of time - Would that be of interest to most of you ?

More details are needed. As of now doing self-hosting is not that hard.
For doing it in a professional way you would need to invest a little bit in 2 different ISPs, direct unaltered line to your server without any other uses locally, some UPS and an electric generator with automation. And there you have your own DC (without mentioning the server and other hardware)
For doing it just for fun and giggles or to have easier access to it there are already tools for getting it up really fast.

What do you mean by "make it easy for you all to install and do your own hosting stuff"?

I use self-hosting for all the Wordpress/WooCo staging-sites, before commiting the changes to the customers production site.
Works pretty well with the 100Mbit VDSL-line. I use Dyn-DNS+Freenom-DNS for valid letsencrypt SSL Certificates and all is set.
But for the production sites i just use a VPS on digitalocean or vultr.

Reactions: BlakenFist
t
Google It Bro.. I am No Expert But I Know it can be done...

There are a number of options for this, and your ISP might even be able to help for a small fee, although in many parts of the world ISPs are the worst at literally everything — running a non-competitive business monopoly that stopped innovating in the early 2000 aside.

I read a guide on doing this a year ago that I can't locate, but from memory it was along the lines of getting your ISP to provide you with a static IP while making sure they don't catch on about what you're using it for.

For dynamic DNS, these guys appear to offer a quality service that starts at $6 a month:

OpenDNS have free plans for home users, but I see they're owned by CISCO now, so likely this free service is courtesy of the world's largest data center in the Utah dessert. In other words don't be under any illusions that this is a way to increase privacy.

My own take on all of this is to consider what you main skillset is, and how much learning to be a SysAdmin is worth vs just making websites and stuff, which some neckbeard who does this full-time can do a way better job of, and far cheaper if your own time has any worth.

I had two VPS plans a while back, from a once reputable company taken over by a business with a name similar to LiquidWeeb, and the main takeaway from all of that for me is NEVER be responsible for the hosting, uptime, and most importantly associated email of the websites you build — unless you know what you're doing AND have a price for maintenance and support negotiated up-front which won't see you losing billable hours every time you have to look into every stupid mail bounce-back or downtime, all usually issues at your client's end anyway.

In my opinion, some of the Server Studs on this site should take a break from mining crypto and use their next-level autistic powers to create a hosting offer doesn't suck. I'd probably pay actual money for something like that.

Last edited:
Wow, this. Over more than a decade ago, I did this, in my bed room.

WAMP and IIS. I still remember my ISP blocking some ports and refused to open unless I upgrade to the "business" plan which costs more than double of the then subscription.

And then, Hamachi, so my friends can access and look at my sites. 😂

While it's possible, I think your time and recourses would be more profitable focusing on your main business. There are a number of ways to host with so many options now that are dirt cheap or close to dirt cheap I think my time is better spent on obtaining clients rather than the few extra bucks I would make hosting websites.

My suggestion is focus on your core business and what's most profitable for you.

Hello again to you all :) it looks like some of you are interested but not quiet sure what i mean by self hosting, so let me clarify a few things for you all and show you an example of what i'm developing.

Imagine that you no longer need any pro hosting company like gogaddy, siteground, bluehost etc......
The idea is that you become your own host to control your own site and/or domains without the need of knowing much technicaly on how to be a hostmaster !

the following example i put online for you now, is just so that you understand more technically what this kind of plarform is all about ( PS: i have nothing to do with theses guys ) this is just so that you get the Idea with more details - you can check out: "" if you wish.
Via this type of platform, you can choose or not what you need in time yourself, there is no need for any cpanel, it's all about many type of cms ( content management system ) that works together within one single platform based on a server or servers.
Hope this will clear out a little more what self hosting mean for you all ?
If you have any other questions, i will try to answer you all asap.
To finish, the idea is to be totally in control of what we do for a lower cost - that's the main idea of what i'm developing for us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not self-hosting. Is kind of softaculous. Why would someone do that?

As this thread started spammy and leads to product promotion I will close it and remove any mention to promoted website.

And you have to decide yourself: you do the developing or you have nothing in common with that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock