• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Bimber - Viral Magazine WordPress Theme By BringThePixel

Bimber - Viral Magazine WordPress Theme By BringThePixel v9.2.5

No permission to download
I have a problem. I downloaded the latest version of Bimber Viral theme here, it came as a .rar file. I unpacked that rar file and uploaded the two .zip files (Bimber Theme and Bimber Child theme).
1. I found that I am unable to change the color of both the header and primary navigation menu.
I changed colors of every single possible element, just to make sure that I'm not changing the wrong one.. and I couldn't get neither to change their colors.
I am hosting my website locally (for now), so I am unable to provide you with the link, however I can attach an image if requested. It's bugging me because I cannot get the colors right.

2. I am also unable to change the Site Title color which is in the header. It keeps the Accent Color, and doesn't change even though I am editing the color through Google Easy Fonts - Typography option in Customizer.
To make this part clear: I go to Customize > Typography (it's at the top, it appears once you install Google Easy Fonts) > Mega Heading > Edit Font > Appearance
I know that this is the setting affecting the Site Title in the header area, because when I change the Background Color, it changes and adds a background color to it. But once I change the Font Color, it doesn't change it.

Can somebody jump to help? I didn't find the Documentation of much use... I don't see what I could possibly be doing wrong

Hi @voja I use bimber for my website and don't have problems to change any colour.

From their documentation

Header
Colors for header elements, menus and off-canvas.
  1. Go to the WordPress Admin › Appearance › Customize panel
  2. Switch to the Header section
  3. Choose appropriate section (header rows, off-canvas or submenus)
  4. Use available color pickers to adjust color values
You can see there are options for Row A B C there thats the menu colors.
You need to change the background color option for the row that your menu is located.
There is also a text color option for every row.
I don't use any plugin for fonts because bimber have many options to customize almoste every font.

This is the part for fonts customization from the documentation

Change font for a desktop
To customize fonts for desktop, please do as follows:
  2. Go to the Design › Typography section
  3. Click the + Add new button
  4. Choose the element you want to customize, e.g. Button
  5. Select the Desktop tab
  6. Adjust font properties (watch changes on live preview)
  7. Publish
Change font for smaller devices
To customize fonts for tablets and phones, please do as follows:
  2. Go to the Design › Typography section
  3. Click the + Add new button
  4. Choose the element you want to customize, e.g. Button
  5. Select the Tablet or Mobile tab
  6. Adjust font properties (watch changes on live preview)
  7. Publish
First disable all extra plugins, at least untill you make sure there is no build-in function for what you are looking for.
Their help files are very good and when I need something that I cannot find I make sure to take a look there but look with detail, don't expect to find everything easy beacause there are so many functions. There is also a search field there to help you find what you looking for.

Just to mention that I have 8.1 installed at this time not 8.1.2
Let me know if that helped and give some screenshot if I didn't understant correct you question.

@paratame Interesting. Because I do have problems and I cannot edit specific colors of specific elements. I added the plugin (which Bimber recommends) Google Easy Fonts because I wanted some specific fonts and I wanted more control of them.
I find their documentation limiting and not the most detailed, but that's just my opinion. I think it could've been better executed.
You can see there are options for Row A B C there thats the menu colors.
You need to change the background color option for the row that your menu is located.
There is also a text color option for every row.
Nope.. like I said I changed every possible color option, for every element, all the background colors.. no matter where I changed it, I couldn't change the header + navigation menu background. I don't know why this is happening.
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 19.11.22.png
This is what I'm talking about. "Made by Voja" is the Site Title, it's the header I believe. Below it I have the navigation menu. I cannot change the background color of neither of them.

Only when I went into inspect element and found out which part is responsible for the background color, I found the code, then I wrote it in Custom CSS, this is the code:
:root {
--g1-hba-bg-color:#e1e1e1;
}

:root {
--g1-hbb-bg-color:#e1e1e1;
}
Then the background color was changed. But when I went through every single color option in Bimber itself, nothing could affect the background color. Do you know why? Because even though I found the solution, I want to know why I wasn't able to change the background color with Bimber itself.

Now, I couldn't find the solution to the second problem. The Site Title (header) color. The thing which I found out is that I cannot independently change the site title color without affecting multiple other elements. I tried to find and figure out how to independently change the color through my browsers inspect tool, and I found out that if I do change the color, it affects other elements such as Pagination text color, Post Title color, tags color, and the text part of the comment section "logged in as xxx". I couldn't find a way to only edit the color of the Site Title, and I still haven't found the solution for that, so if somebody can help me fix this one, I'd appreciate it.
In this case I want to have the site title in a light shade, such as white. But if site title is white, all the other elements also become white and unreadable... and that's a serious problem for me

Last edited:
I added the plugin (which Bimber recommends) Google Easy Fonts
Can you please point me where exactly Bimber author recommends this plugin.
Edit: (oh ok found it)
Edit 2: I think they removed that part from documantation I can only find the link from google search not from the link to their official documentation... try it and look it's not there... haha http://docs.bimber.bringthepixel.com/articles/design/upload-your-logo/index.html

Did you try to disable all plugins except the native bimber plugins?
What version of the theme do you use please?
I have never touched a single bit of code to customize bimber my self and never had a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: voja
Can you please point me where exactly Bimber author recommends this plugin.
Edit: (oh ok found it)
Edit 2: I think they removed that part from documantation I can only find the link from google search not from the link to their official documentation... try it and look it's not there... haha http://docs.bimber.bringthepixel.com/articles/design/upload-your-logo/index.html

What version of the theme do you use please?
I have never touched a single bit of code to customize bimber my self and never had a problem.
It all depends how complex and specific you want to get. To get exactly what you want, you'll always need some type of code.
I found it in their documentation: http://www.docs.bimber.bringthepixel.com/articles/design/fonts/
It is in fact in their documentation.
Yes, I tried it on a fresh website with no plugins, neither of the elements could be changed.
I am using the lates version which is available here, v8.1.2 which dropped a week ago.

If you aren't able to help please say so, there is no point in you telling me about their documentation and you never using any fonts. If we continue this type of conversation we will be spamming the discussion page, and I don't think it's necessary. I am just trying to preserve the discussion area clean and not trying to make it cluttered with unnecessary discussion

Hey I am sorry I spend your time with my questions... and just tryied to find that font page following their official link and it's removed from the help index... it's still cached from google search because they did not delete that part form the html.

Anyway I can't help you sorry, my aplogies to mods for spaming.

Good luck my firend

@Babak Can you help me out?
I don't know what's wrong.
This is how my Design panel looks like:
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 17.07.53.png
From what I have seen, it looks like I am missing some features. I just am unable to edit the header and logo area... Where is the problem?

I am also unable to edit the width when I choose "boxed" layout:
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 17.54.46.png

I'm just frustrated because I don't know why I am missing some features.. Are you able to help?

@Babak Can you help me out?
I don't know what's wrong.
This is how my Design panel looks like:
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 17.07.53.png
From what I have seen, it looks like I am missing some features. I just am unable to edit the header and logo area... Where is the problem?

I am also unable to edit the width when I choose "boxed" layout:
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 17.54.46.png

I'm just frustrated because I don't know why I am missing some features.. Are you able to help?
let me check

work good if u want desing header so go to header section
bimber header.jpg

for logo check here
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 18.32.51.png
There is something wrong. I set every single color in the header section (row A,B,C) to green.
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 18.48.08.png
This is how it looked like after I refreshed it.. I turned off all gradient colors because you wouldnt be able to see that the dark grey color isn't changed.

Can you take a screenshot of your Design panel? Because I want to know if I'm missing any features..

It's not a logo, it's just the Site Title, it isn't a picture.. It just implements the site title, but as you can see i cannot change the color for anything.

Also how come I cannot change the width for a Boxed layout? I was just watching a video on Youtube (it is old, uploaded in 2016) but there is an option for changing the width:
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 18.37.30.png Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 18.39.10.png
See the option "boxed layout width", I don't have it (my design panel 1st pic, design panel from the youtube 2nd pic)

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 18.39.20.png
He also has the ability to customize the header from the design panel, I don't.

Basically I don't know how to fix the problem, but me not being able to change the color of these elements, and especially not being able to adjust the width of the boxed layout, is a big problem

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 18.45.11.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 18.45.11.png
    129 KB · Views: 6
I am also facing the same problem, even tried using css selector but on update of changes, it does'nt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock