• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Can WordPress handle this?

blazej241

Apr 17, 2021
Hello everyone,
First of all I will describe the project; private site with limited access, three types of users. Partners, businesses and standard users. Partners will be able to upload discount coupons from different categories and edit the partner page assigned to them that describes the business. Businesses will be able to add and remove new standard users. Standard users will be able to browse different codes from different categories. That's it, registration is disabled as access is paid for. I think the problem is the number of users. The client is aiming for 20,000 and maybe 100,000 in the future. Do you think this is feasible, and wp will have no problem with that? The pages that users will have access to will only show codes, they could browse categories etc. Nothing special or very complicated.

Do you think WordPress and high end VPS hosting can handle all this, with CDN and caching of course. So far I have created a test server on Cloudways and used loader.io to "stress test" the site and the response for 10k users per minute was 300ms.

Hello,

I think yes, WordPress can definitely handle the requirements you've outlined for your project. With its flexibility and extensive plugin ecosystem, you can achieve the functionality you described for different user types and access levels. Here's how I think you can approach it:

1. User roles and access control - WordPress allows you to create custom user roles and define their capabilities. You can set up roles for partners, businesses, and standard users, each with their respective permissions.

2. Content management - Partners can upload discount coupons and edit their business pages using custom post types or a plugin like Advanced Custom Fields to manage the data efficiently.

3. User management - Businesses can manage standard user accounts using WordPress's built-in user management system or a membership plugin for more advanced features.

4. Scalability: With high-end VPS hosting, CDN, and caching implemented, WordPress should be able to handle the expected user load. Your stress test results are promising, indicating that your setup is robust.

5. Optimization - Continuously optimize your WordPress installation for performance. This includes using lightweight themes and plugins, optimizing images, leveraging browser caching, and minimizing external requests. You should develope your own custom theme.

6. Monitoring and maintenance - Regularly monitor your site's performance and conduct maintenance tasks such as database optimization and security audits to ensure smooth operation, especially as your user base grows.

Good Luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock