• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

New to VPS, is cPanel my best option?

zibba

Sep 10, 2019
I have opted to deploy a server using Cpanel on Vultr, it is what is most familiar to me, but its kinda ugly and looks dated.. although its not too important in those areas.

I wondered if anyone else has other suggestions of what to use? Or if anyone uses Vultr too and what they have as a setup server wise?

I only host 5 sites, which only one is heavy on data, but with a small user base, and the others are not very demanding.
I just want a simple way to be able to manage a few wordpress sites and a few static sites, and also manage email on my server (while actually using gmail)

cPanel and WHM is ideal if I was reselling or had clients who used the hosting, but they dont and I manage it all and most sites are my own/development sites anyway.. So I am wondering if its actually a bit overkill having cpanel etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: JhonnyKarate
1. WHM (cPanel - Paid) + Engintron + LSAPI + Memcached
2. Openlitespeed (Free) + LSPHP
3. Nginx (Free) + PHP-FPM
4. AAPanel (Free) + (Openlitspeed / Nginx ---- FREE)

your choice..

Reactions: amit338
1. WHM (cPanel - Paid) + Engintron + LSAPI + Memcached
2. Openlitespeed (Free) + LSPHP
3. Nginx (Free) + PHP-FPM
4. AAPanel (Free) + (Openlitspeed / Nginx ---- FREE)

your choice..

Thanks! This is the combos i needed to see :)

Openlitespeed + cyberpanel

This set up sounds interesting. Plus kinda struggling massively a bit with WHM and domains.. haha.

Is there a way of using Cyberpanel without domain restrictions or only paid subscription the way?

This set up sounds interesting. Plus kinda struggling massively a bit with WHM and domains.. haha.

Is there a way of using Cyberpanel without domain restrictions or only paid subscription the way?

Its best and easy to install. Also the memory requirements are also very less and there are no domain restrictions.

Its best and easy to install. Also the memory requirements are also very less and there are no domain restrictions.
Gonna give it a shot as I'm getting lost with WHM and cPanel due to a few automated processes not being possible with Vultr in this config.

Thanks for the suggestion ,nice to know its easier, should save on costs too.
Think I misunderstood cyberpanel domain bit was looking at the enterprise bit by accident.

Well, not advertising (because obviously the site has only one post that too 6 months old).

I had sorted down few of the best cPanel alternatives that one can use in this article: https://advaitis.best/best-cpanel-alternatives-available-that-can-serve-the-job/

In my opinion, CyberPanel is best in terms of the functions but Serverpilot is the easier to doze into. The drawback of Serverpilot is that is doesn't allow SSL and over the top you have to set up PHPMyAdmin/ Adminer separately to handle databases.

Cyberpanel is the way to go. Experiment with it. Has a learning curve when you're moving away from Cpanel but definitely great option.

Thanks for the suggestions, gonna give Cyberpanel etc a shot now :)

What os do you suggest for Litespeed/Cyberpanel? Unbuntu or CentOs? Or not really an issue?

Cyberpanel is basically heaven! It all went a breeze, websites and domains all setup !

Thanks again for guiding me towards this! relief and saving money as no more cpanel license :D

Hi,
Does anyone know how to setup email in Cyberpanel so that it does'nt go to spam. IP address is clean but still it goes to spam, are there any specific instructions I could follow to avoid mails ending up in spam. I am not sending any bulk emails may be 10 or 20 emails a day.

Thanks

Hi,
Does anyone know how to setup email in Cyberpanel so that it does'nt go to spam. IP address is clean but still it goes to spam, are there any specific instructions I could follow to avoid mails ending up in spam. I am not sending any bulk emails may be 10 or 20 emails a day.

Thanks
Setup SPF, DKIM and DMARC, do reverse fqdn to your ip, dont use email root@ and many more... google around this issue.. dozens link will shows in google regarding spam email. My sugestions use email provider that specialize on this like mailgun or etc. you can track and ensure your email open. Traditional email server such exim or postfix give you headache will a lot of steps to verified to gmail, yahoo end users client.

Reactions: cralis
I've struggled to get email working, I am deleting the instance and starting again now I'm more use to the different options.

I am using email with my domain registar instead, means I just need to remember adding SPF records for my servers IP to my domains registar DNS so that my sites still able to send emails (via wordpress etc)?

Update, using my domain registar for email has solved my issues, running all perfectly now.

Last edited:
Reactions: cralis
Setup SPF, DKIM and DMARC, do reverse fqdn to your ip, dont use email root@ and many more... google around this issue.. dozens link will shows in google regarding spam email. My sugestions use email provider that specialize on this like mailgun or etc. you can track and ensure your email open. Traditional email server such exim or postfix give you headache will a lot of steps to verified to gmail, yahoo end users client.

Thanks for your reply, I am using postfix, and really having a headache, i am searching google and really getting confused, I have done spf, DKIM, DMARC and Reverse dns pointer, still goes straight to spam. If there is any article or video which completely explains how to improve the mail delivery it would be wonderful.

Thanks for your help, I really Appriciate it

I've struggled to get email working, I am deleting the instance and starting again now I'm more use to the different options.

I am using email with my domain registar instead, means I just need to remember adding SPF records for my servers IP to my domains registar DNS so that my sites still able to send emails (via wordpress etc)?

Update, using my domain registar for email has solved my issues, running all perfectly now.

Hi obbzzz,

I am trying not to use the domain registrars email system and trying to run it on my own vps, Domain registrar would be my last resort, but they have a lot of restriction and they might use a shared IP which could cause some issues in the future, which i am trying to avoid.

Thanks for your suggestion. I really appreciate all your feedback

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock