• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Best Tough/Flexible Directory Solution that works with BuddyPress/Boss - Is it Plugin/Theme/CPT/ACF/Jet Engine?

obelix

Jul 25, 2022
Hello people,

Just wondering if you have found a really flexible and feature rich solution along the way?
I have spent months trying so many Directories out there and I'm always finding they finally have missing features.

The ones I have tested;
Are just not easy to fully customise in terms of look (built for elementor are better but can be basic)
The Database will be slow or break under pressure.
I also find missing logic in features.. like a user can only add a gallery with many images but only 1 video, etc

I keep coming back to trust GeoDirectory...but it seems they are very slow to add new features.

I need Buddypress integration with a 'multi vendor' booking system and a 'multi vendor' Woo marketplace.

Now I'm exploring ACF/Custom Post Type UI
and JetEngine
I'm getting hooked on the customisation angles possible.. is this the right way to go?

Any suggestions?

Thanks ;)

Reactions: Pixelate
Hi Frizzel
Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm pretty sure I tested Directories Pro and what I saw lacking in that one for me was the ability to control how many videos a user level can embed/upload per listing?
It had a great slider feature to say how many Photos, but not for Video fields?
I did write to them but got no response.
Is that still the case in the level settings?
Big thanks

Frizzel, you were absolutely right!
I have throughly tested it now.
It's extremely flexible and very well done.
It works with ACF as well.

Reactions: Pixelate
Frizzel, you were absolutely right!
I have throughly tested it now.
It's extremely flexible and very well done.
It works with ACF as well.
wondering how your research and development has gone. I'm in the same situation and wanting similar features.

I recently was looking at the Javo directory, because it has integration with Events Calendar, BuddyPress, and WooCommerce. What put me off is that they don't seem to have a Booking integration. JavoThemes has 4 different directory themes, so I'm actually not sure why they're not focussing on one?

Most recently looking at "Alliance | Intranet & Extranet WordPress Theme", because it has integration with
  • BuddyPress
  • Paid Memberships Pro
  • rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress
  • The Events Calendar
  • WooCommerce
  • WP Job Manager
  • LearnDash LMS
  • LearnDash LMS – Course Grid
  • WP Job Manager – Resume Manager
I want Multi-vendor functionality, so each Business member can manage their own products. I'm not sure yet if Alliance offers that integration.

I'm not sure why some of the plugins content doesn't directly appear on the BuddyPress profile page. ie) You can create a course in LearnDash, create a job in Job Manager, but neither are visible on the BP profile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vahid4251
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock