• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Best way to preserve data for the lifetime?

crashyroot

Dec 2, 2020
Planet Earth
Hello all, currently I do have lots of data that I grabbed for the past 10 years, it's around 2TB of data. The problem is, my hard disks are becoming older and there might be some chance that it might corrupt.

I currently have two options:
1 - Save everything in cloud (But costier, i can't pay that much money each month.)
2 - Saving all data in external Hard disk (But still, i fear that, when external hard disk fails, i loose data.)

Suggest me what to go?

Reactions: itsM
Hello all, currently I do have lots of data that I grabbed for the past 10 years, it's around 2TB of data. The problem is, my hard disks are becoming older and there might be some chance that it might corrupt.

1 - Save everything in cloud (But costier, i can't pay that much money each month.)
2 - Saving all data in external Hard disk (But still, i fear that, when external hard disk fails, i loose data.)

Suggest me what to go?

Hello there,

It's like a nature call, we all have alot of data either personal or official, everyone looses data at some point. Leaving things behind should be considered time to time its just a tip.

There has been a recent event if you are aware of that we at Babiato lost data of almost a year due to SSD Failure at hosting side.

Anyways,

Coming to data saving if you want to save online & the option is cloud then there are many choices i ll suggest you to store it in one drive google drive or icloud. I personally am using onedrive family plan, I gathered 6 of my friends and we purchased a plan now each of us is having 1tb of storage enough for our activities.

You can buy an ssd or a brand new hard drive if you do not want to keep your data online.

it's your call to choose & i hope you ll find what you are looking for.

Thank You & Good Luck

Reactions: crashyroot

Suggest me what to go?
I use telegram to save my data because u don't have external drive 😁

Use a NAS with 2 hard disks in a RAID 1 setup. Not difficult to do and you always have a copy on the other disk when one disk fails.
I fully agree with your recommendation on the use of RAID. It is not difficult and reliable! Moreover, if you read about how to set up a raid, it is possible to implement even a person without experience.

I opted for optical discs and I don't regret it. If you have a good Blu-ray writer and good quality discs, and if you record at low speeds (2x or 4x max), those discs will last you a lifetime.

I recommend Pioneer high-end writers, the latest being BDR-S13J-X. It costs less than 300 euros.

For discs, I recommend Verbatim. Here are the best options:
- more expensive: MDISC Lifetime Archival discs
- less expensive, still very good: BD‑R SL, BD‑R DL and BD‑R XL discs

I've used the less expensive ones all my life. Recorded at 2X with data verification and surface scan in Nero Burning ROM.

That's about it. My solution is time consuming, but it'll deffinitely last you a lifetime :)

Reactions: itsM
I would suggest you take some time filter out the most important things that you really want to keep for lifetime out of this 2TB data.

Once you do this then afterwards store the filtered out data with your choice of storage preference as there are some good options mentioned by other members.

From my experience there are lot of random stuff that gets downloaded but never gets used which then become obsolete after few years.

Reactions: crashyroot and itsM
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock