• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I Bought the Wrong Domain :(

parthjuneja

Banned User
Oct 19, 2020
Pluto
I did a mistake. I will explain my problem using an example domain name(for privacy)

I wanted to build a site on "canadiancandle.com" but I purchased canadiancandles.com by mistake ( "S" at the end )
Now i am already done with theme, plugins and some content. Homepage is ready. Domain is less than 3 days old. What should i do. Is it easy to change domain names for new sites? Can i cancel the domain name i purchased canadiancandles.com , If yes should i?
I dont wanna purchase both because i am uncertain about the outcome of that website.
Is Canadiancandles.com also good for SEO ?
Which you recommend Domain with "S'' at the end or without "S''

Facts: Let's say keyword "Canadian Candles" and "Canadian Candle" have the same no. of searches.
I have not submitted site for indexation yet
I purchased domain from alibaba cloud
I am posting affiliate link of candles on my website
Thanks a lot for helping

There's no real difference between the two domains in terms of SEO. Except if both domains exist and are indexed and their websites have the same reputation/strength.

So in your case, there's no difference. But between the two domains, you should choose the one that makes more sense for your business.
Example: Do you sell one kind of canadian slipper or many kinds?

I hope that helps! :)

If it is an ecommerce site I think I like the plural version better tbh.

Honestly though the domain itself is not going to do much for SEO these days anyways.

There's no real difference between the two domains in terms of SEO. Except if both domains exist and are indexed and their websites have the same reputation/strength.

So in your case, there's no difference. But between the two domains, you should choose the one that makes more sense for your business.
Example: Do you sell one kind of canadian slipper or many kinds?

I hope that helps! :)
Thanks a lot my friend i think i got my answer. I sell more than one product so it might not be a mistake.

• Love
Reactions: Stil
If it is an ecommerce site I think I like the plural version better tbh.

Honestly though the domain itself is not going to do much for SEO these days anyways.
If that is the case i will proceed with what i have. Many time thanks. LONG LIVE BABIATO.

Reactions: Stil
What is the purpose of this post ?
Creating backlink or getting traffic ?

the 3 days old domain you bought is 924 days old and is actually listed for sale. the one without s is even older.
5,397 days old. Why providing false statements? 2021-01-08_15-30-40.png

2021-01-08_15-26-13.png
Did you read the first line of the post?

What is the purpose of this post ?
Creating backlink or getting traffic ?

the 3 days old domain you bought is 924 days old and is actually listed for sale. the one without s is even older.
5,397 days old. Why providing false statements? 2021-01-08_15-30-40.png

2021-01-08_15-26-13.png
He said the domains he mentioned are meant as an example.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock